PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New pub for Preston?

Is it where that Ozone piercing place is now? Doesn't look like it used to be a pub at all.

What happened to that other pub they were supposed to be opening, did it ever get anywhere?

Thought it was meant to be somewhere up near the crown courts.

Was that the one on Ormskirk Road, next to the chippy that used to be good?

If so, I said when it was first announced it was the wrong place to open a pub and it seems that others are in agreement with me.

I think it was meant to be on Ormskirk Road, yes, and agree it seemed a funny place.

Didn't know they'd taken over The Moorbrook, not been in there for years.

Thanks for the replies.

Was that the one on Ormskirk Road, next to the chippy that used to be good?

If so, I said when it was first announced it was the wrong place to open a pub and it seems that others are in agreement with me.

It was supposed to be in the building that was an Oriental restaurant for a year or so, Thai I think it was, until they were flooded in the really bad winter a couple of years ago.

It was supposed to be in the building that was an Oriental restaurant for a year or so, Thai I think it was, until they were flooded in the really bad winter a couple of years ago.

Yes, I remember it now. Maybe the insurance premiums shot up after the flood so they couldn't take the risk but the Moorbrook has been getting some rave reviews.

I've still not been in it yet but might try to pop in before the Crawley match. Only probably is that most of my mates will only drink Carling/Fosters normally so might be a bit of a task getting them to expand their drinking horizons.

It was supposed to be in the building next door - the old Co-op Building (Shereton House I think its called).

Yes, I remember it now. Maybe the insurance premiums shot up after the flood so they couldn't take the risk but the Moorbrook has been getting some rave reviews.

I've still not been in it yet but might try to pop in before the Crawley match. Only probably is that most of my mates will only drink Carling/Fosters normally so might be a bit of a task getting them to expand their drinking horizons.

You might be better in the Unicorn next door. Moorbrook have some decent quality lagers, but your mates won't see any of the mass-produced national brands there. It's the sort of place that people will love if they're into quality ale, but fans of Fosters will hate the place.

You might be better in the Unicorn next door. Moorbrook have some decent quality lagers, but your mates won't see any of the mass-produced national brands there. It's the sort of place that people will love if they're into quality ale, but fans of Fosters will hate the place.

I'll have to give the Moorbrook a whirl the next time I'm up - Have any micro pubs cropped up yet in Preston or the surrounds? I've one about 5 minutes walk from my door, seats about 6 or 7, cracking little place even if you do pay through the nose for the ale (approx £5 a pint i find).

I'll have to give the Moorbrook a whirl the next time I'm up - Have any micro pubs cropped up yet in Preston or the surrounds? I've one about 5 minutes walk from my door, seats about 6 or 7, cracking little place even if you do pay through the nose for the ale (approx £5 a pint i find).

You will not regret a visit to The Moorbrook. It is an outstanding pub with a sublime range of ale, craft ale, lagers, pilsners and cider. Great atmosphere on match day with a menu of pies (hot and cold), scotch eggs, parched peas and hotpot.

As far microbreweries I believe the guy wanting to open 'Plau' has ideas of that fashion along with a stone, wood burning oven for pizzas.

You will not regret a visit to The Moorbrook. It is an outstanding pub with a sublime range of ale, craft ale, lagers, pilsners and cider. Great atmosphere on match day with a menu of pies (hot and cold), scotch eggs, parched peas and hotpot.

As far microbreweries I believe the guy wanting to open 'Plau' has ideas of that fashion along with a stone, wood burning oven for pizzas.

Sounds spot on! Will definitely pop in when I'm up soon, I've another on my door step which has 9 guests on at all times & artisan wood fired pizzas being knocked up outside, the pizza thing sort of works really well.

Also a new tap room just opened up round the corner from me, spoiled for choice down here.

It was announced this week planning permission for Plau has been granted and building work will begin soon.

Preston's pub revolution continues. ��

I popped in the moorbrook the other Friday for a pint.
Good choice of booze on tap and was heaving.

Popped in the unicorn too. Only a handful of people in there.