PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New pub for Preston?

Tap and Vine, 16 on The Hill, Craft and Crust (for Pizza if hungry) and Gin Jar are all on Liverpool Road.
Ive moved to Warton and with the joys of children, i dont get chance as much to visit. Quite impressive what they’ve done, though traffic when the Tesco was being built was an absolute nightmare

Ive moved to Warton and with the joys of children, i dont get chance as much to visit. Quite impressive what they’ve done, though traffic when the Tesco was being built was an absolute nightmare
The Cop Lane/A59 area of Penwortham is now being touted as the new Lytham. It really is miles better round there now and makes a good night out.

I think over the course of time the pavements are going to be widened to create more of a 'cafe culture'
Hopefully be moving back there in time. 4 more years before we can sell here and eventually move.

My doctors is still St Fillians and Im always impressed with how it looks. Alan Browne was in one of them bars with his Mrs other week

Hopefully be moving back there in time. 4 more years before we can sell here and eventually move.

My doctors is still St Fillians and Im always impressed with how it looks. Alan Browne was in one of them bars with his Mrs other week
haha snap

That Niko is very good, the guys working there know their shit.

I'm a lager guy though and stuck to a bottle of Augustiner Hells.

Signage up on Friargate Tap now, Tulketh Tap 2.0, it'll do well.

Had a great night in Penwortham last night - we live there but first proper “sesh” since lockdown kicked in. No 16 On The Hill; Lime Bar; 1260 for pizza and then gins and cocktails back in No 16 (DJ on).

Really busy; relaxed atmosphere; mix of all ages. Cracking night 👍

My brother lives in Penwortham, he said that the Tap and Vine is decent….
It is indeed. They were the first of the new bars to battle through planning permission at the council. They opened the doors for all the other new bars.

It is indeed. They were the first of the new bars to battle through planning permission at the council. They opened the doors for all the other new bars.
Wasn't it Lime Bar first? Rumour has it they looked for permission from somewhere near Bristol to circumvent the local authorities?

Wasn't it Lime Bar first? Rumour has it they looked for permission from somewhere near Bristol to circumvent the local authorities?
You're right, I stand corrected (y)

Lime Bar had all kinds of issues and conditions attached to their approval though (which prevail to this day). But none of it helped Debbie & Jase at Tap & Vine much though, they had to fight through the same prejudices and beauracracy at the council. It was a hard road.

But (as with Preson city centre now), the nightime economy is now a major feature of the local commercial landscape, and councils no doubt are desperate for empty units to be filled with any viable businesses, so the door has been opened for the others that follow.

Tried a few pubs in lostock hall area last night - Anchor, Vic, Pleasant Retreat and Wishing Well. All pretty dead except for the Vic. Goodness knows how these sort of places are surviving. Pleasant Retreat has a new Landlord arriving next week. A big Liverpool fan who has vowed not to let anyone in wearing either Everton or Man Utd tops. The last couple who ran it turned its fortunes around so well that the brewery has moved them on to a pub in Chester in the hope they can do the same there.

Needs it.

Loved the Adelphi in the 80s/90s before they refurbed it. Great pub for the students/alternative folk back then, with its horse-shoe bar in the middle of the pub. Spent many a weekend night in there, didn't like it much post - refurb when it became that monstrous yellow pub and very 'blokey'.

Needs it.

Good to see. No doubt prompted by all the redevelopment going on around it.

Wonder if they've been given a bit of financial incentive from the uni project too, to help spread the rejuvenation. Needs to start spreading back down Friargate and towards town, which I think is in the grand masterplan, somewhere.

Good to see. No doubt prompted by all the redevelopment going on around it.

Wonder if they've been given a bit of financial incentive from the uni project too, to help spread the rejuvenation. Needs to start spreading back down Friargate and towards town, which I think is in the grand masterplan, somewhere.
They have from what I understand, I was working on the development of one of the new student accommodation blocks around the time the Friargate Roundabout project was starting. Spoke to the manager in Adelphi at the time and he said that they were being helped in some way by the uni with renovations. Presumably why it hasn't had so much as a lick of paint in about 4 years, I guess they were waiting for the new square to be opened up.

They have from what I understand, I was working on the development of one of the new student accommodation blocks around the time the Friargate Roundabout project was starting. Spoke to the manager in Adelphi at the time and he said that they were being helped in some way by the uni with renovations. Presumably why it hasn't had so much as a lick of paint in about 4 years, I guess they were waiting for the new square to be opened up.
Blimey I'm clever at reading between the lines, me 😄