PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New restaurants in Preston

Three new restaurants about to open in town in the next few weeks.

Turtle Bay looks finished and should be opening soon, apparently its a chain and does Caribbean style food and drink. It's where odd bins used to be on the flag market, looks quite impressive.

The Olive Press are opening a brasserie next door to French Connection in the Miller Arcade and there's going to be a tapas bar in the Guild Hall Arcade where Cassandra's used to be.

Nice to see quite a bit of development and new investment going on in town.

Three new restaurants about to open in town in the next few weeks.

Turtle Bay looks finished and should be opening soon, apparently its a chain and does Caribbean style food and drink. It's where odd bins used to be on the flag market, looks quite impressive.

The Olive Press are opening a brasserie next door to French Connection in the Miller Arcade and there's going to be a tapas bar in the Guild Hall Arcade where Cassandra's used to be.

Nice to see quite a bit of development and new investment going on in town.

They all sound good Charlie.

Will look forward to checking them out.

Turtle Bay looks finished and should be opening soon, apparently its a chain and does Caribbean style food and drink.

The second one they opened a few years ago is where I'm based, it's quite good, always lively & decent food to match at a competitive price.

I took my brother not long after it had opened when he'd popped down for the weekend & he mentioned to me the other month one was opening in Preston, I heard some really bad reviews for the one in Manchester that opened a little while back, hopefully they'll have ironed out the issues seen then.

The one down by me has unisex toilets, not sure if this is norm, still freaks me out when I pop in now.

The one down by me has unisex toilets, not sure if this is norm, still freaks me out when I pop in now.

That is a bit weird, had a conversation with the Mrs the other week after she said she wouldn't do a loud trump in the ladies as there was a large que outside and it was full. I said it had never occurred to me and in the Gents if you need a trump whilst having a piss you just set it off.

Don't think I would though if there was a crowd of nice looking ladies outside!

Wierd set up as you say and not natural!

Just checked Turtle Bay's website and it opens on the 28th November.

Looks like a good menu too and not ridiculously priced.

Shall look forward to giving it a try.

The Miller Arcade opening is not The Olive Press. It is Olive Tree Brasserie - opens Monday 24th November. They have a restaurant in St Annes also - never been but highly rated on TA. Regular live music and they are promising the same for their Preston restaurant.

http://www.olivetreebrasserie.co.uk/preston/

Good to see investment and more places opening.

The Miller Arcade opening is not The Olive Press. It is Olive Tree Brasserie - opens Monday 24th November. They have a restaurant in St Annes also - never been but highly rated on TA. Regular live music and they are promising the same for their Preston restaurant.

http://www.olivetreebrasserie.co.uk/preston/

Good to see investment and more places opening.

Olive Tree in St Annes is superb. Looking forward to some new places to eat in Preston. Its very limited at the moment.

That is a bit weird, had a conversation with the Mrs the other week after she said she wouldn't do a loud trump in the ladies as there was a large que outside and it was full. I said it had never occurred to me and in the Gents if you need a trump whilst having a piss you just set it off.

I first encountered unisex toilets in Switzerland in 1990 - it seemed weird then and it still seems weird now !!!

some things just need to be kept apart .............

I've eaten at Turtle Bay in Bristol. Nice food and atmosphere. I shall definitely be paying a visit to the new restaurant in Preston.

Thai Paragon is very good at Longridge. They took over Heathcotes premises. Every day of the week they do two courses for £12 before 7.00 PM. There's 6 starters and 6 mains on menu, so something for most there. Food is excellent as well and service pretty good. You can book for this offer as well. Deffo worth a visit, and very good value for money.

Olive Tree in St Annes is superb. Looking forward to some new places to eat in Preston. Its very limited at the moment.

Ate ther a couple of weeks back - was not impressed.
Overpriced and poor service. Starter was nice, main distinctly average. Service dissappeared after main course served. Had to go and find someone behind the bar to get the bill.

I'll be honest the bit that got me more than anything was the fact you couldn't get anywhere near the sink to wash your hands as every time I went about 6 women had pitched up in front of the sinks (bags on side by the sinks) using the mirrors to do their makeup & blissfully aware of anyone else in the shitters just 'chatting'.... every time.

But yes, in terms of dropping your guts it'd be a bit of a catch 22 if you will.

I'll be honest the bit that got me more than anything was the fact you couldn't get anywhere near the sink to wash your hands as every time I went about 6 women had pitched up in front of the sinks (bags on side by the sinks) using the mirrors to do their makeup & blissfully aware of anyone else in the shitters just 'chatting'.... every time.

But yes, in terms of dropping your guts it'd be a bit of a catch 22 if you will.

Think you missed a trick there Bob ...

One nice loud fart and you could probably have a choice of 6 sinks !!!!!!

Can't wait for both Turtle Bay and The Olive Press to open.

Always liked Greek food but Preston has never really had a Greek restaurant, just a number of mediocre Italians who claimed to be 'Mediterranean' a la Totos on Lune Street. Took a bird to the Olive Press in St Anne's and we were both very impressed by the food, ambiaaawwnce (��) and price.

As for Turtle Bay I'm excited at what seems to be a completely new venture for Preston. The menu looks fab, is there nothing they can't jerk? Kudos must go to the exiled Nobber who I believe has played a large part in making Preston TB's new location.

For me the next step would be getting someone like Wagamama/Timpopo to open in the old Post Office building.

Can't wait for both Turtle Bay and The Olive Press to open.

Always liked Greek food but Preston has never really had a Greek restaurant, just a number of mediocre Italians who claimed to be 'Mediterranean' a la Totos on Lune Street. Took a bird to the Olive Press in St Anne's and we were both very impressed by the food, ambiaaawwnce (��) and price.

As for Turtle Bay I'm excited at what seems to be a completely new venture for Preston. The menu looks fab, is there nothing they can't jerk? Kudos must go to the exiled Nobber who I believe has played a large part in making Preston TB's new location.

For me the next step would be getting someone like Wagamama/Timpopo to open in the old Post Office building.

Good to see some different types of cooking styles. I remember a carribean restaurant down by the warehouse years ago, cracking grub. Just seems Preston wasn't ready for it at the time which was a shame. Quite like Cococs on Friargate, never had a duff meal yet.

Indeed he has played a major part.

I have an invite to the opening night, just awaiting for 100% confirmation to come through.