PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED New Signing Tom Cannon (Loan For the 22/23 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unlucky not to bag a brace today, some save from Lumley after Cannon hit it early.

Lad is just brimming with confidence and it’s exactly what we need right now, the timing is perfect.

Also think him and Parrott work well together, Parrott nearly got himself another flick on assist but for the great save from Lumley.

Yes and the thread carries on (31 pages) to today.

I thought you'd all like to read the entire thread hence my posting of Page #1
I’ve had a read through that below, they seem a well balanced bunch to be fair, not getting carried away but being cautiously optimistic about Cannon.

One poster makes a reference to us comparing him to Archer and then rightly says despite us waxing lyrical about him, he went back to Villa and couldn’t break through before being sent out to Boro.

A fair point to make but I think there’s more to that, Gerrard mismanaged him massively and he was very unlucky not to get a shot at the first team.

We’ve been blessed with two fantastic loanees in two successive seasons. I’m confident both will on to play Premier League football regularly. We’ve a good eye for a loan player here and we know a decent one from an absolute baller.

Cannon for me has all the attributes to be a top striker and as things stand, he walks into Everton’s first team at present and offers much more goal threat than Ellis Simms.

Love the way he passes the ball into the net. Just like Archer he's a natural born finisher. Infact think his goals to game ratio is probably better than Cam now.

Or better still get one we don't have to send back
Well that would be ideal, but it’s not likely to happen under the current ownership.

If we do make the playoffs this year, it will be no small thanks to our loan players. Many fans have complained that we have too many loans, but you have to ask where would we be this season without them?

Having a lot of loans is the only viable route we can go down if we want to compete in this division with such an uncompetitive budget - there’s no way the owners will pay what it takes to get that number of quality players on permanent deals. I’ve said it before, but maxing out the loan system is the right thing for us to to do under the circumstances. With a bit of luck It could pay off big time in a few weeks from now.

Well that would be ideal, but it’s not likely to happen under the current ownership.

If we do make the playoffs this year, it will be no small thanks to our loan players. Many fans have complained that we have too many loans, but you have to ask where would we be this season without them?

Having a lot of loans is the only viable route we can go down if we want to compete in this division with such an uncompetitive budget - there’s no way the owners will pay what it takes to get that number of quality players on permanent deals. I’ve said it before, but maxing out the loan system is the right thing for us to to do under the circumstances. With a bit of luck It could pay off big time in a few weeks from now.
Worked for Forest:)

I was not directly saying go into the transfer market. The likes of Cannon,Archer and Delap are only months older than some of our kids but seem years ahead in terms of physicality. Maybe we should be looking at our training methods. Sink or swim let's give them a chance in pre- season friendlies. I don't mean the last 10 mins against non league opposition.

I was not directly saying go into the transfer market. The likes of Cannon,Archer and Delap are only months older than some of our kids but seem years ahead in terms of physicality. Maybe we should be looking at our training methods. Sink or swim let's give them a chance in pre- season friendlies. I don't mean the last 10 mins against non league opposition.
Probably because they’ve been playing for premier league teams since they were 8 right through to U21 levels, not a Championship clubs Category 3 academy at U18s levels after being deemed not good enough for teams higher up?

Most products of our YT are non-league level players who got lucky with a contract. Hence why most disappear into oblivion after leaving. No training programme is going to change that

Which kids are u referring to?

Looked at the birthdays of ca,tc,ld and they are considerably older than the young attackers we have that spring to mind fca,mo,frg...unless I'm missing someone

If he continues scoring at this rate it wlll go the same way as it did with Archer - i.e. we've no chance of getting him back next season.

We need to make the most of him whilst we can.

Completely agree with the physicality comment, the lads who we have produced Finlay Cross-Adair, Mikey O'neil, Noah Mawene look powder puff in build and athleticism compared to Cannon, Delap and even Archer. Not for one minute am I questioning footballing ability but in order to become a success at this level and play mens football physicality is a huge part of it, surely training methods have to be questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.