PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED New Signing Tom Cannon (Loan For the 22/23 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With each game Everton play, our chances of having him back on loan next season get slimmer and slimmer.

Made a hell of a bigger impact than some of our previous loan signing who went on to do very well for themselves.

Looks like a good ‘un.

All the best to him.

I think with how well his loan here went he has a chance of being a part of Everton's side next season regardless of which division they're in. More likely that he plays minutes for them in the Championship and more likely that he's available for loan again if they stay up obviously, but he's very much in a "Cameron Archer last summer" situation now.

Just as with Archer, Everton and the player himself no doubt will be looking for him to kick on and make the difference at a better team than one that is ultimately a mid-table Championship side at best.

All the best Tom.

Class act, he'd have scored an absolute shit tonne in a good team.

I'd guess he'll spend the first half of the season at Everton, then if his game time is limited, he'll be sent out to a West Brom or Sunderland in January for a nice loan fee.

Class act, he'd have scored an absolute shit tonne in a good team.

I'd guess he'll spend the first half of the season at Everton, then if his game time is limited, he'll be sent out to a West Brom or Sunderland in January for a nice loan fee.
Yeah, we need to move on quickly and not get dragged into Archer 2.0.

After the bitter disappointment of losing out on Archer we acted quickly and secured Cannon who arguably had a better impact than Archer did last season.

We need to do the same again here but this time get it done in the summer. It just goes to show that the players are out there and one door closing is another opened.

Yeah, we need to move on quickly and not get dragged into Archer 2.0.

After the bitter disappointment of losing out on Archer we acted quickly and secured Cannon who arguably had a better impact than Archer did last season.

We need to do the same again here but this time get it done in the summer. It just goes to show that the players are out there and one door closing is another opened.
If acting quickly in your book is waiting until January then blimey you're easily pleased

Everton will be gutted they didn’t have access to him for the end of the campaign especially if they get relegated. His comment does seem a valedictory farewell - I hope the stars align and we can retain him. If offered again the club should move heaven and earth to get him . No use show casing these prospects and not following through!

Interesting reply from Cornell on there, either knows something we don't or is just bantering the fuck out of Everton.

Edit: It was the Instagram post he posted on not the twitter one

I remember Whiteman doing this to Archer last summer after he left. He said something along the lines of 'See you next season, Archie'.

We all know how that ended up. Wouldn't look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.