PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New Zealand shootings

Sadly,if you take a random population sample of say 10 000 people, the overwhelming majority would be able to discuss issues without resorting to violence but at each end of the debate there would be a minority who are willing to kill for their cause. If that number was 10 or 0.1% of the sample then sadly there would probably be another 10% at each end of the argument who would sympathise with the killer not the victims.

Some humans are beyond help!

Two things:

1. Extremely saddened but not surprised that some people express views as disgusting as this.

2. Because people like this exist, does this mean we are not allowed to express any concerns related to race or religion?
  1. Agree
  2. Not if youre a Labour member and want to express concern about Israel.

Oh wait that isnt a religion is it?

Thinking about it neither is ISIS

1. Agree

The left is often accused of shutting down debate by saying 'you cant say things like that, look what hatred it stirs up'.

However the argument is similarly used by the right where Israel is concerned.

I spent some time on YouTube reading comments about a single released by a black British artist called Dave. The song is called Black and reflects the experience of young, black people. Whatever your thoughts on his lyrics (some feel it is racist against whites) the level of hatred from some whites towards blacks and some blacks towards whites in the comments section was incredibly depressing and the quality of their arguments showed a lack of education or an unwillingness to try and hear both sides!

Crap.

The scary thing is that I’m not in the least bit surprised at the above comments on Facebook.

These cunts are laughing at children as young as 2 being injured in all of this.?

For me they’re just as evil as the shithouse that’s done it.

The left is often accused of shutting down debate by saying 'you cant say things like that, look what hatred it stirs up'.

I spent some time on YouTube reading comments about a single released by a black British artist called Dave. The song is called Black and reflects the experience of young, black people. Whatever your thoughts on his lyrics (some feel it is racist against whites) the level of hatred from some whites towards blacks and some blacks towards whites in the comments section was incredibly depressing and the quality of their arguments showed a lack of education or an unwillingness to try and hear both sides!

Crap.
Religion is used to shut down debate.

The debate about zionism, not a religion, and the present Israel leadership is a very valid one.

The debate about Islamic extremism and ISIS, not a religion, is also a very valid one.

All too often, though, innocent and ordinary Muslims and Jews are dragged into the debates to meet agendas. As time goes on its getting more and more difficult, because of the media, to actually recognise the lines.

Religion is used to shut down debate.

The debate about zionism, not a religion, and the present Israel leadership is a very valid one.

The debate about Islamic extremism and ISIS, not a religion, is also a very valid one.

All too often, though, innocent and ordinary Muslims and Jews are dragged into the debates to meet agendas. As time goes on its getting more and more difficult, because of the media, to actually recognise the lines.

I don't think some people are intelligent enough to differentiate and the way social media works, if you watch a few YouTube videos it soon happens that every time you open up YouTube the suggested videos are all just reinforcing (not challenging) your viewpoint. People end up in an online echo chamber.

It was the same with that girl who committed suicide and her Instagram content.

Watched a video on muslims being beaten up? Here's another you may like, muslims being maimed and killed!

Sad

Crap.

I said to a mate, about a year back, that we're going the same way as America, with the tit-for-tat blacks v whites stuff.

The internet has been riddled, for years, with black and white Americans bickering over the most ridiculous nonsensical shite.
As you point out, the comments section of YouTube is particularly bad for it.

I said it on another thread recently... dividedness (over nonsense) is spiralling out of control at an alarming rate.

I said to a mate, about a year back, that we're going the same way as America, with the tit-for-tat blacks v whites stuff.

The internet has been riddled, for years, with black and white Americans bickering over the most ridiculous nonsensical shite.
As you point out, the comments section of YouTube is particularly bad for it.

I said it on another thread recently... dividedness (over nonsense) is spiralling out of control at an alarming rate.

And online it is led by people with extreme views, often going unchallenged.

Two things:

1. Extremely saddened but not surprised that some people express views as disgusting as this.

2. Because people like this exist, does this mean we are not allowed to express any concerns related to race or religion?

But you are allowed to express concerns related to race and religion. You just have to make sure you distinguish yourself carefully apart from this type of pondlife. They are the problem and the threat to democracy and freedom of speech, not those that seek to challenge those that raise raise issues that could at face value could be construed as intolerant or divisive.

There are no words, are there?!

I'm not even a tiny bit shocked by this kind of disgusting shite anymore.

Just a bunch of backwards, thick as pigshit morons. Facebook, in particular, is absolutely rife with people like this. One of the reasons I deleted my account a few years back.
I have Facebook and yes there are plenty knuckle draggers, they seem mostly illiterate idiots. I avoid a hell of a lot of stuff and just go on for the humour pages.

Crap.
You should listen to the rest of his album. As a social commentary for a young black man growing up in London some of it is heart-wrenching

My first reaction is to blame religion and to all intents and purposes it has a lot to answer for and it's been going on for hundreds of years............ But in reality, these nutters ( on all sides) have no empathy, no sense of right and wrong and no conscience.... So my conclussion has to be that they may well have done something similar no matter what.... Tit for tat, revenge,cause, wtf?........ What does it actually achieve other than escalation and innocent lives lost?

Very, very sad.

My first reaction is to blame religion and to all intents and purposes it has a lot to answer for and it's been going on for hundreds of years............ But in reality, these nutters ( on all sides) have no empathy, no sense of right and wrong and no conscience.... So my conclussion has to be that they may well have done something similar no matter what.... Tit for tat, revenge,cause, wtf?........ What does it actually achieve other than escalation and innocent lives lost?

Very, very sad.
The wisest 7 words you've ever written.

Though to be fair, it hasn't had much competition ;)

24yr old Oldham man arrested for supporting New Zealand massacre on social media.

A spokesman for Manchester police said “Where the law permits and people cross the line, we will take robust action, which may include arrest and prosecution.”

The question we must ask now is, what about all those people who goaded on the killer while he was live streaming his murderous rampage?

1. Agree

Expressing concerns about the scumbag Netanyahu the current Israeli government without using antisemetic tropes is piss easy.

I very self in
24yr old Oldham man arrested for supporting New Zealand massacre on social media.

A spokesman for Manchester police said “Where the law permits and people cross the line, we will take robust action, which may include arrest and prosecution.”

The question we must ask now is, what about all those people who goaded on the killer while he was live streaming his murderous rampage?

I very self indulgently like to see myself as an open minded man but so often let myself down and I do try to reflect on my views on so many issues
Despite my misgivings and hope to be patient and understanding I don’t feel I could ever even begin to understand why someone would sympathise with the butcher who perpetrated this atrocity
This story in particular has really moved me - these people were just honest gentle folk enjoying each others company and their religion - the big questions and answers starts now!
Why?
And how do we stop this from ever happening again

I very self in

I very self indulgently like to see myself as an open minded man but so often let myself down and I do try to reflect on my views on so many issues
Despite my misgivings and hope to be patient and understanding I don’t feel I could ever even begin to understand why someone would sympathise with the butcher who perpetrated this atrocity
This story in particular has really moved me - these people were just honest gentle folk enjoying each others company and their religion - the big questions and answers starts now!
Why?
And how do we stop this from ever happening again
I don't think we will stop it Edgy... face facts the world is full of extremists ..

As long as people continue to live there will be conflict - sad, but true.