Newcastle United.

ottoman empire

First Team
It has been announced that a Saudi Arabia organisation are interested in pumping £millions in to Newcastle United.

If this should occur will Newcastle be deducted 12 points and face possible relegation or will it be one rule for big Premier League clubs like Newcastle, and one rule for everyone else?

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
It has been announced that a Saudi Arabia organisation are interested in pumping £millions in to Newcastle United.

If this should occur will Newcastle be deducted 12 points and face possible relegation or will it be one rule for big Premier League clubs like Newcastle, and one rule for everyone else?
Why would they face a points deduction? They're not in administration.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Derrrrr

Although it would be fair to say the prem does make up the rules to ensure a club like ours could never get that type of investment and challenge the established big 4

OP
O

ottoman empire

First Team
Otto you pissed cha?
No Wibble I;m not pissed.

I presume that you've never heard of Saudi's record of human rights?

Never heard of public floggings and executions which includes women.

Never heard of how this oil rich country still carries out medieval punishments and beheadings,

Newcastle, by allowing these murderers and thugs to invest in their club are condoning the atrocities Saudi Arabia inflicts on it's own people particularly women.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron

It's not just 'interest', the takeover is already done.

Unless you're referring to something else?

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
No Wibble I;m not pissed.

I presume that you've never heard of Saudi's record of human rights?

Never heard of public floggings and executions which includes women.

Never heard of how this oil rich country still carries out medieval punishments and beheadings,

Newcastle, by allowing these murderers and thugs to invest in their club are condoning the atrocities Saudi Arabia inflicts on it's own people particularly women.
But how does that relate to the 12 point deduction that you alluded to in your OP?

Not trivialising the matter BTW, just trying to understand the thread.

OP
O

ottoman empire

First Team
I'll try and clarify then.......Should a club of the stature of Newcastle United accept funding from a regime that operates in such a medieval tyranical manner?

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
I'll try and clarify then.......Should a club of the stature of Newcastle United accept funding from a regime that operates in such a medieval tyranical manner?
No. But the majority of the fans have welcomed it because it’s not Ashley

And they won’t get punished because the Premier League have allowed the takeover to happen

Portishead

Manager
Murphys Law plus the fact its Newcastle suggests to me that it will be a first that billions will be injected into a club and it will all end up in Geordie tears.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Ha ha ha,,,he he he..:LOL:
:LOL:o_O

Wayne Rooney keen on Newcastle United job should Steve Bruce leave Magpies​

Former England star Wayne Rooney is understood to be interested in helping Newcastle United on a short-term basis - if Steve Bruce leaves St James’ Park.
Rooney is currently manager of cash-strapped Derby with the Rams in administration and rooted to the bottom of the Championship.

pnesaint

Manager

Seems like the super-rich are not very happy with the super super-rich.

Never thought I'd say this but the sooner they all bugger-off and form their own league the better. It would at least have 2 advantages - one, we would have a better chance of competing on a semi-equal level and two, it would piss-off those avaricious bastards at UEFA no end!