Newcastle United.

northender2

Forum Patron
Patron

i cant see any big names going for the job just yet, even with all the money, they will be in a relegation fight this year, it'll take a few transfer windows to get anywhere near a team able to challenge for the top end of the table

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
As everyone knows, it was inevitable.

It's said there's no sentiment when it comes to football management, but I wonder whether he was allowed to stay until the Spurs match so that he got his 1000th game.

MrHodgeheg123

Tickety-boo
As everyone knows, it was inevitable.

It's said there's no sentiment when it comes to football management, but I wonder whether he was allowed to stay until the Spurs match so that he got his 1000th game.
I really feel for Bruce.
Yes he was well paid but no one deserves the shit he was getting from his fellow Geordies and parts of the media.
Struggling this season but to have finished (was it) 12th and 13th the previous two seasons on the budget he had was no mean feat.
Performed rather better than the messiah that was Benitez.
I've no time for Newcastle supporters. Their team has won the square root of fuck all in 50 years and yet they think they should be world beaters.
I hope they crash and burn but unfortunately, £300 billion suggests they won't.

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
I really feel for Bruce.
Yes he was well paid but no one deserves the shit he was getting from his fellow Geordies and parts of the media.
Struggling this season but to have finished (was it) 12th and 13th the previous two seasons on the budget he had was no mean feat.
Performed rather better than the messiah that was Benitez.
I've no time for Newcastle supporters. Their team has won the square root of fuck all in 50 years and yet they think they should be world beaters.
I hope they crash and burn but unfortunately, £300 billion suggests they won't.
I thought the same of Chelsea, Man U, and Man C after take overs by foreigners with no interest, knowledge or inderstanding of British football.

I too feel sorry for Bruce, he’s been treated like shit while trying to do his job with hands tied behind his back.

OP
O

ottoman empire

First Team
I thought the same of Chelsea, Man U, and Man C after take overs by foreigners with no interest, knowledge or inderstanding of British football.

I too feel sorry for Bruce, he’s been treated like shit while trying to do his job with hands tied behind his back.
Fully agree, Newcastle being one of the bigger "supreme" English Premier clubs with all the financial influence that it entails will not be subject to the Financial Fair Play rules in allowing limitless funding from oil rich foreigners. Would the same treatment be applied if instead of Newcastle the club was Burnley, Brentford, Brighton, Palace Norwich or Watford to name just six?

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
6 points adrift. 7 if you factor in their awful -GD.

They will now become every teams Cup Final, each team wanting to add their own 6" nail into their coffin.

stf4ever

Forum Patron
Patron
Given the names linked for the job, it's a surprise they've gone for Howe. He's only done well at Bournemouth and even there he ended up being relegated, and he flopped at Burnley.

My thoughts too.

Plus he's not exactly got a great track record spending money.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Given the names linked for the job, it's a surprise they've gone for Howe. He's only done well at Bournemouth and even there he ended up being relegated, and he flopped at Burnley.
None of the names they’ve been linked with want a relegation battle. Whatever the money available is, they’re already 6 points adrift

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
None of the names they’ve been linked with want a relegation battle. Whatever the money available is, they’re already 6 points adrift
Exactly.

Imagine being known as the manager who took the richest club in the world down! Nobody decent will touch that job until they're either safe or if they do go down, until they're back in the PL.