PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Newcastle United.

And as such it’s a surprise they are going for Howe, they’d be better off going for Dyche.
They probably would. But hes too "British" isn't he? Before long he'll be talked of in the same sentence as the "warnocks and pulises" (i.e. effective managers who get the job done!) but thats not good enough for a lot of clubs is it.

I have my doubts about how good Howe really is. Not sure that he has the charisma and track record to be successful in a goldfish bowl like Newcastle. They were obiously after a been there, done that name but Howe will have to prove himself and prove himself again and again. Not easy.

I bet that the Newcastle fans are fairly underwhelmed at the prospect of Eddie Howe spending their transfer kitty of £300m

Given the names linked for the job, it's a surprise they've gone for Howe. He's only done well at Bournemouth and even there he ended up being relegated, and he flopped at Burnley.
Yeah, he never took to life in the North :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It’s gonna be interesting to see if he has total control over the £320m transfer kitty….

Not too impressed with the way he evaded the Saudi Human Rights issue, which just goes to show that even people you think are half decent can be corrupted by money.

Not too impressed with the way he evaded the Saudi Human Rights issue, which just goes to show that even people you think are half decent can be corrupted by money.
Yes, disappointing, but having accepted the job, he could hardly say anything.

I'm afraid I can't wish Newcastle well under the current ownership (the last owner was bad enough but this lot are in a totally different league).

As for Howe, he's obviously a decent manager but, especially for someone who, apart from a fairly mediocre spell at Burnley, has spent his entire playing and managerial career on the south coast, I just think Newcastle will be too big a culture shock. I may well be wrong, but I just can't see it working.

Last edited:
Yes, disappointing, but having accepted the job, he could hardly say anything.

I'm afraid I can't wish Newcastle well under the current ownership (the last owner was bad enough but this lot are in a totally different league).

As for Howe, he's obviously a decent manager but, especially for someone who, apart from a fairly mediocre spell at Burnley, has spent his entire playing and managerial career on the south coast, I just think Newcastle will be too big a culture shock. I may well be wrong, but I just can't see it working.
I'm sure the multi million pound pay off in 12-18 months will soften the blow .

I can see him being out of his depth.
I expect N.U. to have an 'Upstairs' player-purchasing Manager, as at ManUre.....(not that that works very well at Old Trafford hahaha)
Howe built Bournemouth up over a heck of a lot of seasons.
A totally different setup awaits at St.
James. To paraphrase a former Magpies manager, "I will love it, really really love it" if they get relegated.

I can see him being out of his depth.
I expect N.U. to have an 'Upstairs' player-purchasing Manager, as at ManUre.....(not that that works very well at Old Trafford hahaha)
Howe built Bournemouth up over a heck of a lot of seasons.
A totally different setup awaits at St.
James. To paraphrase a former Magpies manager, "I will love it, really really love it" if they get relegated.
Yep, me too…. God their arrogance will know no bounds if they end up being the richest club in the world playing in the Championship !!