PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

News and Current affairs misc.

I've started a new thread for the odd story which doesn't merit it's own thread, a few times I've wanted to post a one off news story which doesn't fit the other threads.

After I read this, I had to double check that it isn't 1st April. 😂

New Zealand's plan to tax cow and sheep burps
I have to plant a tree every time I fart to offset the methane.

This area was a desert before I arrived - now it is a lush forest.

I have been watching the Channel4 documentary, 'India 1947: Partition in Colour', it's on all4 now 2 episodes.

The first episode is a bit drawn out and focuses on the 2 Indian leaders of the Muslims and Hindus, the appointment of Lord 'Dickie' Mountbatten as Viceroy.

Episode 2 gets down to the nitty-gritty, what an incompetent fool Mountbatten was, a member of the Royal Family with little if any common sense.

In a nutshell, between 1-3 million Indians (no-one knows the true figure) died because of the utterly incompetent decisions and strategy of Mountbatten, plus the highest number ever of refugees caused by a conflict, between 12-18 million had to flee or were forced from their homes and land. Whilst this was going on, the Brits did nothing to protect them, the pomp and ceremonies continued, Dickie's wife Edwina was having an affair with the Indian Leader Jawaharlal Nehru.

Unbelievable incompetence by the Brits, in the downfall of the Empire.

I have been watching the Channel4 documentary, 'India 1947: Partition in Colour', it's on all4 now 2 episodes.

The first episode is a bit drawn out and focuses on the 2 Indian leaders of the Muslims and Hindus, the appointment of Lord 'Dickie' Mountbatten as Viceroy.

Episode 2 gets down to the nitty-gritty, what an incompetent fool Mountbatten was, a member of the Royal Family with little if any common sense.

In a nutshell, between 1-3 million Indians (no-one knows the true figure) died because of the utterly incompetent decisions and strategy of Mountbatten, plus the highest number ever of refugees caused by a conflict, between 12-18 million had to flee or were forced from their homes and land. Whilst this was going on, the Brits did nothing to protect them, the pomp and ceremonies continued, Dickie's wife Edwina was having an affair with the Indian Leader Jawaharlal Nehru.

One of the best books ive read on this, Freedom at midnight.

shopping

The same mentality would hold sway today if we still had an empire... Privileged leaders as thick as fucking pig shit who wouldn't be safe leaving your budgie with for the weekend.... They hang on ruthlessly to power for one reason alone.. They daren't let go of it because they are too stupid to survive..

Are you watching the funeral tomorrow? I really don't want to but all my local pubs are either showing it or staying closed and nothing else seems to be open.

I might be reduced to doing some DIY. 😂

What a waste of a bank holiday.

Are you watching the funeral tomorrow? I really don't want to but all my local pubs are either showing it or staying closed and nothing else seems to be open.

Get your flag out and wave it in the street, singing the anthem, like all good subjects do.

Will be working as normal - with headphones in because the missus will be watching it and has that annoying habit of giving me a running commentary.

Least you will get the DIY done and not behind anymore 😂