PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Next 4 games

llanroc

Patron
The next 4 games have something in common. All 4 teams have already beaten us this season and they all scored 3 goals against us. No one has yet done the double over us and we need to keep it that way. Reading are next up and they managed to leave Deepdale with a 3-2 away win. After that, Sheffield United beat us 3-2 at their place, followed by Leeds who beat us 3-0 at theirs. We then move on to West Brom who left Deepdale with a 3-2 win. We certainly owe all 4 of these clubs something. 2 wins and 2 draws would be a good return imo, and set us up nicely for the last 4 games.

We're a lot stronger team than we were back in September, certainly defensively. Rudd is on form and Storey and Davies are making multi million pound strikers look like League Two journeymen.

If the defence stays on form then 8 points is certainly do able and we'll be well in the mixer come the final four games which are a lot easier on paper.

I think it's essential that we pick up a minimum of 6 points, so wins from 2 of the 4 games - which would mean beating at least one of Sheff Utd, Leeds or West Brom. It's a really tough run but if we come out the other side no more than 3 points off 6th place then we'll have a hell of a chance.

I suppose we got off to a good start by beating Birmingham yesterday, as they had also beaten us earlier in the season and again also scored 3 goals against us. That was the Rudd howler game.

I suppose we got off to a good start by beating Birmingham yesterday, as they had also beaten us earlier in the season and again also scored 3 goals against us. That was the Rudd howler game.
He more than made up for that this weekend.
We are a different animal than the early part of the season. We may not win all four of our next matches, but we will get points. None of the teams facing us will be looking forward to it. They must be worried sick and that gives us an advantage.

I expect the Leeds and Sheffield games to be similar to Birmingham. Close fought with the opposition using all the dark arts of football. In the end we will produce a bit of magic and win.

The next 4 games have something in common. All 4 teams have already beaten us this season and they all scored 3 goals against us. No one has yet done the double over us and we need to keep it that way. Reading are next up and they managed to leave Deepdale with a 3-2 away win. After that, Sheffield United beat us 3-2 at their place, followed by Leeds who beat us 3-0 at theirs. We then move on to West Brom who left Deepdale with a 3-2 win. We certainly owe all 4 of these clubs something. 2 wins and 2 draws would be a good return imo, and set us up nicely for the last 4 games.

1-0 win x4 please. Cheers.

The Sheff U, Leeds, WBA in a week will pretty much define the season, we need to win at least one of those to maintain momentum. Therefore, it's vital that get something from Reading beforehand or the first of those will be even more pressured than it will be anyway.

I agree that Reading is likely to be a must win.....

Technically if we lost the 3 after that they wouldnt directly affect our play offs as all 3 we wont catch - so it would depend how the 'rivals' went on at the same time........ I guess I'm trying to tell myself 'anything from those 3 could be a bonus'......takes the pressure off!

Can you see the Brentford fans celebrating with us if we win a top 6 spot at their ground, a few seasons after they won promotion in front of us ?

The loss at Leeds was the low point of the season - we never looked remotely in the game. In contrast we were sloppy against Reading, showed some fight against Sheffield Utd and were unlucky against West Brom. But we are a different side now.

I was at that Leeds game and it was like men against boys. I was very very worried after that performance. Things feel very different now..............thank goodness!

The loss at Leeds was the low point of the season - we never looked remotely in the game. In contrast we were sloppy against Reading, showed some fight against Sheffield Utd and were unlucky against West Brom. But we are a different side now.

I would also say the loss against Reading was a huge low point too (probably more so than Leeds). They had won once in 26 away games before they played Ipswich the other week - that was against us.

weird stat that the 5 clubs who scored 3 against us we play in 5 consecutive matches now.
having kept a clean sheet against the 1st lets repeat the sequence in the next 4 - 4 more clean sheets !!!

I also think the 6 highest scoring teams should take the top 6 places.......!

I was just listening to Alex Neil on 5 Live Sport. He reckons 5 wins out of 8 would get us to round about where we want to be. A win at Reading is pretty much a must win with the following 3 games being very tough.

I was at that Leeds game and it was like men against boys. I was very very worried after that performance. Things feel very different now..............thank goodness!
Our team that day ...

Rudd
Fisher
Clarke
Davies
Earl
Johnson
Browne
Barkhuizen
Harrop
Robinson
Moult

Not the worst side we could have put out, but crucially missing Pearson and Gallagher, and Browne playing alongside DJ rather than at number 10.

Our team that day ...

Rudd
Fisher
Clarke
Davies
Earl
Johnson
Browne
Barkhuizen
Harrop
Robinson
Moult

Not the worst side we could have put out, but crucially missing Pearson and Gallagher, and Browne playing alongside DJ rather than at number 10.

We were a man down from the very start as well...

Yes I'd forgotten that. Who was it sent off? My memory these days is not what it was. I think I must have tried to eliminate the memory of that game from my mind :)
Think you're getting your games confused. Ledson was sent off in the league Cup game that we went on to win. No one was dismissed in the league game.

We did have the goalie sent off in a recent match, think Hudson went in goals, was it Pickford? Maybe that’s the confusion. My memory isn’t what it was! :unsure: