PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Next Wednesday ...

Yes, on SKY with a 1700 KO time.

The previous 30 mins will be about Derby, Rooney and their rise up the table.

We will get our usual 48 seconds of "been a good season for Preston but that little bit of quality counts" before the 1st advert break.
Didn’t realise it was a 5pm kick off, I only finish work at half 5.

Probably be game over by the time I get home........

at 5:37pm

I dont know why I keep doing this to myself, the majority of the games I get annoyed at the ref, the players and the management. Yet, I still look forward to the next game.

I dont know why I keep doing this to myself, the majority of the games I get annoyed at the ref, the players and the management. Yet, I still look forward to the next game.

Same as, no doubt my neighbours heard the profanities as the air turned positively blue in PR26 yesterday.
Like a tit I've been to the shop this morning and got some cider for Wednesday knowing full well I'll probably be mad as fuck come full time ( especially if Rooney scores ) as it's the hope that kills you.

What I want to know is, as they piping crowd noises out, to make the game feel like it has a crowd, will we get chants of Neil out, Hemmings Out etc piped out or will it just be the PNE tune. They promised us a near genuine experience :unsure:

I did notice yesterday they did have a few periods of no noise so.

What I want to know is, as they piping crowd noises out, to make the game feel like it has a crowd, will we get chants of Neil out, Hemmings Out etc piped out or will it just be the PNE tune. They promised us a near genuine experience :unsure:

I didnt hear the loud drum noises from town end and chants of "We are one and only North End!"

We will get our usual 48 seconds of "been a good season for Preston but that little bit of quality counts" before the 1st advert break.

Thanks I have sky and was hoping it wasn’t, as you have said above, more of the same.

What id like to see from now until Wednesday is positivity from club an LEP. I thought this would've happened prior to Cardiff but it was hardly a big build up served up in my opinion. I don't want to read about "why I didn't start Gally" or those meaningless stat tables of how many times players in all teams have farted during a game!! Let's whip this forthcoming game up now, 5000th league game an all that. It starts of course, with the manager

Dont sweat about it, weve already blown the play offs.
Yeah, we have.... you would have to assume that Brentford, Fulham and Forest are almost already there which only leaves one place up for grabs..

My money would now be on Derby or Cardiff. ( possibly Swansea )

Preston, Bristol and Millwall are wobbling and Rovers have got a difficult run in ( Leeds, West Brom, Cardiff and Millwall to play )

Least there weren't any cardboard cut out supporters in the ground only flags and the home atmosphere remained largely the same.

I wonder which former Derby player they’ll have in the studio, Steve Maclaren maybe?

Watching the FA cup matches it seems like you can hear the away fans singing more than the home fans, are the FA controlling the soundtrack?

You do know the sounds are not being piped in the grounds, don't you?

Watching the FA cup matches it seems like you can hear the away fans singing more than the home fans, are the FA controlling the soundtrack?

Yes TV are controlling some of the sounds.

What id like to see from now until Wednesday is positivity from club an LEP. I thought this would've happened prior to Cardiff but it was hardly a big build up served up in my opinion. I don't want to read about "why I didn't start Gally" or those meaningless stat tables of how many times players in all teams have farted during a game!! Let's whip this forthcoming game up now, 5000th league game an all that. It starts of course, with the manager

I agree, there should be a build up to the 5000th game, club sharing old clips, interviews from past players, old interviews. History of the 5000th game. The club have got off lightly because I doubt they'd of got it right had the fans been allowed in. The Club do need to sort out its relationship with the fans, make Deepdale a happy place, lift the gloom. Prior to covid, the build up to games where boring, nothing to whip up the fans like you see at other grounds. Whilst the fans do attend to watch the game, interacting with fans, making it fun would help. I mean Derek tried with the cheer leaders, (althought I hated it, them dancing in front of the Invincibles). Deepdale needs to rock when the fans are allowed back, I dunno who works on pre-match but they are not getting it right.

Can we settle a technicality first please
Is next Wednesday not Sheffield and this Wednesday Derby ?
Never been so sure of my next and this ?
Yes - for complete clarity, I think it's next Wednesday Wednesday, this Wednesday Derby. (y)