PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

NFL

Any NFL fans on here?
I've been a Chicago Bears fan since 2008 - Got to see them in 2011 (I think it was) at Soldier Field against the Seattle Seahawks.
Also done a few of the games at Wembley which were Saints vs Chargers, Falcons vs Lions and Titans vs Jaguars.

I'm a big fan. Giants for me, but just really love to see a good game, regardless of who is playing. Looking forward to the new season.

I watch a fair bit of college football as well, when time permits, some great games and a chance to see the up and coming talent.

I'm a big fan. Giants for me, but just really love to see a good game, regardless of who is playing. Looking forward to the new season.

I watch a fair bit of college football as well, when time permits, some great games and a chance to see the up and coming talent.
Being a Giants fan kind of goes hand in hand with being a North End fan these days :sneaky:

Nice I got to go to a USC game in LA a couple of years ago against Utah Utes.

I'm looking forward to this season and can't wait to see how Justin Fields does for us. I'm also praying Aaron Rodgers leaves Green Bay, that man has been a pain in the backside for us!

Titans, because my daughter lived in Tennessee for a while so its kind of a local connection.

Ravens. I spent a lot of time in Baltimore/MD around 2001-3. The downside is that I also follow to Orioles in MLB
I spent some time in Milwaukee and watched the Brewers but always had a soft spot for the Cubs (Which is pretty bad because I'm pretty sure they are big rivals)
I couldn't get my head around Baseball because there's soo many games. So if North End lost at the weekend you'd be disappointed, you'd look at the table and think 'Ahh we are 3 points adrift from the playoffs now' or 'Relegation is only 2 points away now' or something. But in Baseball because there's so many games if you lose you'd just think 'ah well, we play again tomorrow so its not the end of the world'
I'm probably missing the point but from an outside perspective that's what I feel. Same with Basketball and Ice Hockey too

In baseball the Chicago Cubs. Once went to the Cubs - White Sox derby at Wrigley Field. Cubs won 12-4. Was a weird experience, 27,000 in the ground but nobody watching the game. Everyone was on the concourse buying beer and souvenirs and popping up now and again to check the score!

In baseball the Chicago Cubs. Once went to the Cubs - White Sox derby at Wrigley Field. Cubs won 12-4. Was a weird experience, 27,000 in the ground but nobody watching the game. Everyone was on the concourse buying beer and souvenirs and popping up now and again to check the score!
Nice - I like the Cubs, Wearing a Cubs hat right now actually - All the gear, No idea!

Nice - I like the Cubs, Wearing a Cubs hat right now actually - All the gear, No idea!

Yes, got myself a hat and a t-shirt while I was there. Wrigley Field is a great old-fashioned stadium surrounded by houses - like football stadia used to be like over here until they all moved out to retail parks.:( I liked the fact that some of the houses overlooking the stadium had seats on the roof that they rented out to the supporters!

Nice I got to go to a USC game in LA a couple of years ago against Utah Utes.

I'm looking forward to this season and can't wait to see how Justin Fields does for us. I'm also praying Aaron Rodgers leaves Green Bay, that man has been a pain in the backside for us!
I think Andy Dalton gets the reins in Chicago and Fields only comes in if Dalton fails. Denver left Fields on the board despite a need at QB so I'm hoping he ain't all that. Legendary that Bears drafted Trubisky from same class as Mahomes and DeShaun Watson.

Pretty shocking the way that Rodgers is treating the Packers organization. Speaking as a Broncos fan we are touted as the beneficiary so I should be kind of happy, he could even be the final piece of the jigsaw for Denver to make a run in the ultra competitive AFC but he has gone down in my eyes.
Anything around .500 will probably get you in playoffs from NFC, but the 17 game schedule makes getting .500 on the nose now more unlikely ha.

I’m a cowboys fan. Quietly confident about this season. Think we’ll easily win the division, however given the standard of the NFC east in recent years it’s not much of an achievement.
Happy with the start to the season, could and should’ve beat the reigning champions and then a good away win against the chargers on Sunday.

Anyone going to the NFL London games this year? I completely forgot about the general sale date so unfortunately missed out on them but really want to go to a game either in this country or in the states. Ideally the new rams/chargers stadium which looks amazing.

I’m a cowboys fan. Quietly confident about this season. Think we’ll easily win the division, however given the standard of the NFC east in recent years it’s not much of an achievement.
Happy with the start to the season, could and should’ve beat the reigning champions and then a good away win against the chargers on Sunday.

Anyone going to the NFL London games this year? I completely forgot about the general sale date so unfortunately missed out on them but really want to go to a game either in this country or in the states. Ideally the new rams/chargers stadium which looks amazing.

Not this year, I was expecting a bit of a mad scramble for tickets and wasn't sure whether to bother as when they went on sale there was talk of restrictions etc. so didn't want to get them and then 'lose' them if they had to limit capacity.

Went to Tottenham's stadium the other year, amazing so get there if you get the chance.

Giants have started as expected. Badly. Falcons next who are also 0-2 so might have a chance of a win.

I see the titans continue to do what they did last season, coming from behind to claim a narrow win, this time in overtime.

Are the fixtures broadcast here in the UK? If so, does any local pub show them? I am not a fan, but know some Americans that live locally. Apparently, Thanksgiving is all about eating lots of turkey while watching the Lions play.

Are the fixtures broadcast here in the UK? If so, does any local pub show them? I am not a fan, but know some Americans that live locally. Apparently, Thanksgiving is all about eating lots of turkey while watching the Lions play.
There are ways and means, I watch the titans every week.

No idea about pubs but Id very much doubt it,