Nmecha

pnenycx

First Team
I'd like to know what Alex thinks of Nmecha. Does he think he's addressing the weak areas of his game be they inconsistency, motivation or awareness? Or does he think despite having incredible ability the guy just won't make it at a high level because of his all round play and contribution?
If the former I wonder if he's got Pep on board for getting another season long loan. He could run riot in the Championship if he can produce consistently the moments of magic he had against Bristol City and Rovers.

BAJPNE

Reserve
He was superb Saturday. I for one would love to have him back next season, think he would be very good next year if we could get him, he’s started to look mature in his performances and I think he enjoys being here.

Song:

Lukas Nmecha, Lukas Nmecha we signed him from City,
We signed him from City to play for Preston with Pearson and Storey,

Lukassss Nmecha, Lukasss Nmecha (Repeat)

< give that a listen to get the tune, would be a good song IMO.

BAJ

Euxtonboy

Reserve
Looked lively early on but tired massively in second half. Could have been due to him tracking back a lot more and also putting his foot in at important times.

lilywhitetel

Youth Team
We have all seen flashes of brilliance in recent months and he certainly has the ability to create something out of nothing but the some of the basics have been sadly lacking. Thought Saturday was his most mature performance to date in terms of work rate and defensive duties, something that was absent earlier in the season. Also joined in the celebrations at the end which is a positive sign of someone starting to enjoy his football. With Neil's influence he could get better and a second season could be interesting.

spender

First Team
Don't forget the brilliance against Norwich that Potts should have converted. He is a player we just need to bring him on, Don't forget he's only 19 and he would be a great addition next season on loan again, there is a player in there

simo

First Team
Looked lively early on but tired massively in second half. Could have been due to him tracking back a lot more and also putting his foot in at important times.
Probably as much that he was asked to play a full 90 which he hasn't done a lot of as well. Especially in a position that requires a lot of ground to be covered.

I don't think he was "superb" as suggested but he at last looks like he belongs in the team and in this division and he showed good pace, strength and a calm head to set up the goal.

There's a good player in there, no doubt about it.

pet shop boy

Forum Patron
Patron
Didn’t look superb to me. He did create the goal with a pass that is standard fare for any right winger. The work rate and defensive part of his game needs improving imo. He has the skill, ability and athleticism which are all the attributes necessary for a successful footballer but has he got the desire and doggedness to work for the team when he hasn’t got the ball?

Ron Burgundy

Manager
We have all seen flashes of brilliance in recent months and he certainly has the ability to create something out of nothing but the some of the basics have been sadly lacking. Thought Saturday was his most mature performance to date in terms of work rate and defensive duties, something that was absent earlier in the season. Also joined in the celebrations at the end which is a positive sign of someone starting to enjoy his football. With Neil's influence he could get better and a second season could be interesting.
The basics come with game time for me, that's why when you compare him to Potts and Barkhuizen he looks seriously lacking because he's not got the game knowledge that comes with experience yet. Those two are a fair bit older than him in footballing years and that shows on the pitch.

Another season on loan to us would do his development a world of good and would hopefully see him be the signing everyone thought he would be at the beginning.

If someone like Villa, West Brom, Boro or Swansea offer to take him on loan I think he would go backwards personally, if people around him think North End fans haven't been patient with him then those Premier League entitled fans would tear him a new one.

WOWM

Reserve
As people say, still only young and will improve with age and experience. He showed the last home game where he made a mazy run from the centre circle holding off and beating defenders only to finish with a tame tired shot straight at the keeper, that there is a quality player in there, but an experienced player would have tried to place his shot, or better still laid the ball off to the man on his right, in a better position. Time will tell. I often watch the warm up routine before the game, you can tell even then who or who can't strike a ball cleanly. Add in the live match scenario and that's what sorts the men from the boys.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
Loose Robinson in the summer and gain Nmecha? I think He’ll probably end up at a bundesliga club though.
Aye, he'd be a great replacement for next season. Shame that he's not our player though...and as you say, he'll probably end up at someone more high profile.

Aye, he'd be a great replacement for next season. Shame that he's not our player though...and as you say, he'll probably end up at someone more high profile.
Has he got a future at City ? Will he break into the City team ? Not much chance of either I don't think therefor a cheeky 3/4 to 1 million bid could make him our player next season if we can afford his wages.

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
Has he got a future at City ? Will he break into the City team ? Not much chance of either I don't think therefor a cheeky 3/4 to 1 million bid could make him our player next season if we can afford his wages.
He is on 25k a week at City.

Padster

Reserve
The Germans are rightly impressed by the talent coming through the English systems any are taking punts on quite a few youngsters.
10m for Robinson 3 for Nmecha? Probably wouldn’t fit in to the wage structure. He’ll be quite a player at this level next season!

kingpne

Manager
The Germans are rightly impressed by the talent coming through the English systems any are taking punts on quite a few youngsters.
10m for Robinson 3 for Nmecha? Probably wouldn’t fit in to the wage structure. He’ll be quite a player at this level next season!
He's far from a bad-egg, so to speak, but I think the reason we probably won't attempt to get him back next season is more due to off the pitch stuff rather than on it.