Nmecha

BenPearsonIsGod

First Team
Nmecha spoke a lot when he signed for us that it was down the the style of play, we liked to get the ball down and play through the lines. For the first 3 months when he was having to be used as a loan striker, all we did was punt long balls to him and expect him to be a target man, which he clearly isn’t.

It would be no surprise if he was pissed off about that and rather go to someone like Villa under Dean Smith. I also think he’ll end up in the Bundesliga though.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Brandon Barker would be my #1 summer attacking target.

Pace to burn, direct, skillful (see Leeds away) and has a goal / assist in him. He frightened the death out of Boro t'other night.

Aitch

Forum Patron
Patron

Pace to burn, direct, skillful (see Leeds away) and has a goal / assist in him. He frightened the death out of Boro t'other night.
Strange one isn't he Barker, hardly got a look in all season but you can see there's a player there. Whether it's because AN doesn't think he does the defensive side well i'm not sure, but only seems to use him in cameo roles.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Strange one isn't he Barker, hardly got a look in all season but you can see there's a player there. Whether it's because AN doesn't think he does the defensive side well i'm not sure, but only seems to use him in cameo roles.
He reminds me playing wise of Keith Treacy.

Many posters have been saying all season that the goals will start coming soon from Nmecha, because at some point, he is bound to score another goal, then they can all come back on saying 'I told you so', and how right they were, and that his doubters clearly know nothing about the game (despite the fact it is his doubters who are the ones who have actually been correct 99% of the season so far by declaring that he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.)
Personally, I hope he scores too soon - for his sake as much as ours - but I'm not holding my breath.

tcinders

First Team

Not for me, we certainly haven't seen enough of him to be No 1 summer target but I will trust Neil!

White123

First Team
Many posters have been saying all season that the goals will start coming soon from Nmecha, because at some point, he is bound to score another goal, then they can all come back on saying 'I told you so', and how right they were, and that his doubters clearly know nothing about the game (despite the fact it is his doubters who are the ones who have actually been correct 99% of the season so far by declaring that he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.)
Personally, I hope he scores too soon - for his sake as much as ours - but I'm not holding my breath.
You don't half talk some shit.
He's a young player making his way in the game. His 'doubter's' are probably the ones who expected him to be good because he is from City and then instead of having patience with him just slate him at every opportunity. You are the prime example of this.
The majority of this thread is very positive about Nmecha. They can see what he offers. His finishing is pretty diabolical but like many young players that is expected. Carroll, Josh King, Gallagher are big examples of this.
He his probably better out wide and is doing a very good job at the moment both defensively and offensively. His performance against Blackburn was brilliant and without him we wouldn't have won. There is a reason AN starts/brings him on most games. It has nothing to do with a pact between City either because Barker hasn't made the squad for the past few weeks.
As quite a few posters have said - I would love Nmecha back next season. You are in the minority on this but hey ho - I can't wait until you slate the next young player we bring in on loan.

White123

First Team

Decent player but for me I can't see AN bringing him back. He doesn't offer as much defensively as other players and AN likes that from his team. I can see us trying from Nmecha again but use him as a wide player rather then a forward.

kbd_pne

First Team
Not sure we need anything this summer except to replace any outgoings. Having Harrop and Bodin back will be like 2 new signings
It will be 3-4 in at most I think, heavily dependent on who leaves. Planning has to be better this time, not scrambling for loans in August.

I wouldn’t expect the club to invest permanently in a player (Barker) with such a bad record of hamstring injuries. Doubt him or Nmecha will be back next season.

PNEF

Reserve
JOHNSON AND NMECHA. Johnson, AWFUL. NMECHA, doesn't try AT ALL. This duo single handedly made the whole squad look poor today. Misplaced passes all over the pitch, terrible decisions and no commitment to get any lose balls. Alex Niel, these players do not deserve to have a starting 11 place when the likes of Stockley, Barker, Rafferty and Moult are on the bench.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
JOHNSON AND NMECHA. Johnson, AWFUL. NMECHA, doesn't try AT ALL. This duo single handedly made the whole squad look poor today. Misplaced passes all over the pitch, terrible decisions and no commitment to get any lose balls. Alex Niel, these players do not deserve to have a starting 11 place when the likes of Stockley, Barker, Rafferty and Moult are on the bench.
sorry, my friend, we didnt play well but there wasnt a player on that pitch that didnt put in a shift, including Nmecha.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
DJ was poor today, but I don't agree that Nmecha was in the same bracket. To say he doesn't try at all is completely unfair, IMO. He was no worse than many other players.