No Home Advantage

SoccerHQ

Manager
Problem with this is the home form wasn't all that before lockdown. Defeats to Boro and Reading over xmas period and then lost to Milwall and QPR during Feb-March.

Completely flipped from 12 months ago and now playing at home is a mental block for the players and manager given the games play out in similar fashion.

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
Clearly all teams need their 12th man, North End more than most. Of the 60 games played so far there have been 19 Home Wins, 16 Draws and 25 Away Wins.

Interesting. When I glanced at the results yesterday I thought there seemed to be a lot of away wins.

As has been said though, our home form wasn't great before the shutdown, so maybe this poor form is just compounded by the empty stadium effect.

Last edited:

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
I think all the background atmosphere created by the PA system is spooking the players. They are used to Deepdale being like a morgue;)
Was that the first game we've used the sound effects? I honestly don't remember it before. It sounded like Preston train station on a windy day.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Was that the first game we've used the sound effects? I honestly don't remember it before. It sounded like Preston train station on a windy day.
Which club do you think they borrowed the sound effects from 'cause it can't be anything that's been generated from Deepdale?

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Which club do you think they borrowed the sound effects from 'cause it can't be anything that's been generated from Deepdale?
Haha I did hear the drum at one point, which made me wonder if it was indeed our own soundtrack. But that would have required huge foresight, so can't have been.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
2020 - 3 home wins.

Against 2 teams relegated last season and B'ham who had just about secured safety. That's it. It's 6 home wins since we went top last November.