PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Noah Mawene

llanroc

Patron
I have previously highlighted players to look out for from our Youth Team, and the next one that I would like to bring to people’s attention (especially fans that don’t look on the Youth Team thread) is Noah Mawene. You’ll all know his dad who was a massive fans favourite. Noah has stepped up from the under 16’s this season and has already scored 7 goals and he isn’t even a first year scholar yet. He is a midfielder with an eye for goal and if he continues to develop we may have a top player on our hands. A goal scoring midfielder = gold dust.

Theres no progression for these players at PNE. Sadly any good players will probably be lost to clubs like Rovers who have decent u23 set ups

Just loans but we need to do our research on the clubs being sent out to. Do the club's have a lot of attacking midfielders/do they play to our system. A lad of this age may soon benefit from the Irish connection.

Theres no progression for these players at PNE. Sadly any good players will probably be lost to clubs like Rovers who have decent u23 set ups
Can someone please explain to me what is the point of spending money developing these youngsters just so that they can then go on and be successful at other clubs, no possibility of progression at PNE, no under 23 team. Surely this is yet another example of the shambolic management and idiocy currently pervading our football club?

Can someone please explain to me what is the point of spending money developing these youngsters just so that they can then go on and be successful at other clubs, no possibility of progression at PNE, no under 23 team. Surely this is yet another example of the shambolic management and idiocy currently pervading our football club?
Peter explained this "strategic decision" in one of his club update lectures last year.

TL;DR: anything more would cost too much and U23s is like ballet dancing anyway.

Club Update: Youth Development | PNEFC

And this is why we desperately need a good set up like Norwich City's. I only learnt last week that not only have a very good youth set up and an U23 team but also a Development squad.

Don't win owt with kids....... who said that.
Howard Kendal was 16 and appeared in the cup final in 64. Didn't do him any harm. Outstanding prospects should be bloodied early, not necessarily regularly , perhaps drip fed, but the occasional last 10- 15 mins when a game is won cant do much harm, .. why not?

Without an U23, our only option is careful loan moves. It worked for Ben Davies. The most important consideration isn't what level these lads will be playing at, it's that they will be playing. Earl and Harrop don't get game time. Harrop never was going to at a club like Ipswich