PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

NORRITCH. They need bringing down a peg or 2.

europne

Patron
Looking forwards to beating this lot on Wednesday, I’m sure AN is too.

They look a pretty handy outfit, especially that Hernandez, and Tutti Fruity up front. But I thought Ipswich battled hard against them, and showed they do have weaknesses.

Pity Ipswich didn’t take a few more out in the battle.

A win on Wednesday would go a long way to restoring my faith. I would though, take a draw now.

Hey Roy... had your faith been so badly destroyed? You must have much higher expectations than me!

The club seems to be really on the up these last few years. I know that 40pts from 31 games is pretty mediocre but I don't remember a time in my forty-odd years following PNE when the club has had so much young potential and positive feeling. I guess that there were similar high points in the BAXI years - we're not quite as good a team as we were back then - but it feels like the potential could explode anytime soon!

I think you go back a bit further - maybe back to the great times of Finney and Cup Finals? - but if so, that is a long time ago. Get the Faith. Keep the Faith!

And on another good run of form.... I definitely don't see us second favourites for Wednesday. No way would I take a draw!

for those who didnt see it, WHY are these two out ??

Vrancic went off injured, looked in a lot of pain, might play but i'd be surprised, think he was wearing a protective boot afterwards.

Trybull picked up a 5th yellow card of the season, so might be out unless the ones before christmas have been wiped out?

Looking forward to the # teams like Preston on their fans forum Wednesday night Thursday morning

If we are going to win this one we need to put away any chances we get, we cannot be wasteful in front of goal - Norwich had 3 shots on target yesterday and put them all in back of the net and Pukki, their top scorer (who they got on a free during the summer) had two chances and took them both - how many did we have against Derby and Bolton but only scored 2 from those chances? Also, our defence needs to be very solid otherwise, no matter how our midfield or strikers play, we could easily let in more than we score.

As mentioned above, Pukki is on fire for them so needs to be kept away from any chances. Their two full backs Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis are two young defenders who like to push forward and get crosses in. Lewis is fast, as fast if not faster than Barkhuizen so we need to keep them both pegged back in their half. Then there is both Onel Hernandez and Emiliano Buendia, (midfielders) both of these, whilst not tall, are fast and very skillful on the ball, beating their man and cause defenders a lot of problems opening them up for the likes of Pukki to score plus they know where then net is themselves. Their mid-field play maker Mario Vrancic may miss the game following his injury yesterday so they will bring in Kenny McClean or Todd Cantwell to take his place and neither of them are duck eggs. The thing the Norwich fans would hate more than a defeat would be for Pukki to get injured and be out for a number of games.

I hate to say it but Norwich are where they are in the table due to merit and are a very good team and have only lost twice in the league since September and it is about time they lost again. Having said that a draw would be a decent result for us but no where near as good as a win.

I will put my trust in AN and the lads to do their best for us on Wednesday to bring home the 3 points.

Their MB on this game is quite interesting to read as they see us as being a possible banana skin and a good team, here is the link:

Last edited:
We beat Brighton 3-0 at home a couple of seasons back , they were a similar type of side and top of the League at the time.
Don't fear any side at the moment but there offensive play needs to be shut down somehow.

we should have done them over at their place even with our injury list. We are far stronger now. Its payback time this week! Can't wait.

That's the worry though, we probably edged the first half at Carrow Road but wasted chances, remember Robinson hitting the bar (great effort) and Fisher blazing one wide. We didn't capitalise on that and they punished us in the last 10 minutes. Pukki doesn't need many attempts.

I don’t give a Farke who we play at the moment we are a match for anyone in this league. ?
There is being confident and being over confident. I hope we are confident of a win whilst I hope Norwich, after there recent run of results, will be over confident. Having watched Norwich a few times this season even at our best this will not be an easy game. We also have to concentrate and give our all until the full-time whistle is blown, I don't think there is a team this season who have scored as many goals in stoppage time than Norwich.