North End Souls 2: Full line-up (Out June 1)

Staffordwhite

Advisor to the Owner
Hi all,

Just to let you know NORTH END SOULS 2 is out on June 1. :)

The full line-up is:
GARETH AINSWORTH
ALEX BRUCE
TOM CLARKE
TONY ELLIS
MIKE ELWISS
PETER HIGHAM (1950s)
PAUL HUNTINGTON
ERIC JONES (1950s)
RYAN KIDD
PAUL McKENNA
JON MACKEN
BRIAN MOONEY
BRIAN O’NEIL
GARY PETERS
SEAN ST LEDGER
and
ANDY SAVILLE.
Foreword by SIMON GRAYSON.

I’m now taking pre-orders so that I can avoid a mad rush and get some sent out in advance ready for the week commencing June 1.

Launch price is £9.99 (plus p&p) from www.northendsouls.com and ten per cent of any profits will go to the Baby Beat Appeal at Sharoe Green Hospital. I’ll also be donating some to the PNE community department for the Coronavirus hampers.

There are only 2,000 copies available and anyone ordering before June 30 will go into a draw to win a replica 1970s ‘PONTINS’ PNE shirt, signed by Brucie and Mike Elwiss (it's an absolute beauty).

It’s been fantastic to put together and (I’m not just saying this) I think it’s at least as good as the first volume, if not better! :) Some want to set the record straight, others talk about regrets, and there are some great little-known North End insights.

There are plenty of funny stories too - Ryan Kidd is hilarious - and the two lads from the 1950s tell fascinating stories about growing up during the war and playing with Sir Tom. D-Day tanks at Deepdale anyone? A different world.

At some point, I’ll draw up a list of the famous names the players have come up against or been involved with; Pele, Shankly, Sir Matt Busby, Billy Wright, El Tel, Dalglish, Luis Figo, Kaka, Benzema, etc. Crazy when you think about it.

Anyway, pre-order now and I’ll get them out as soon as possible.

Perfect cure for lockdown boredom, get ‘em while they’re hot, etc. (y)

Cheers,

Keith/Staffordwhite :)

Gerona

Manager
Ordering today via daughter as dont have paypal and loved NES1.Just finished Dave Smalls Just Me and My Football another excellent book and with Nobbys Lads out soon i'm getting my North End fix.

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
The wee man was all lined up to do it, but pulled out at the last minute due to an 'ongoing legal issue' (not with me!). :oops:

Hoping to get him, errr, tied down at some point. ;)
I remember BD saying we needed to "wait for my book" to hear his side of the story.

Wonder if these are the same legal issues which have prevented him from taking all these jobs he could have had ;) I think I remember reading something is ongoing with Forest.

In regards to Elllis, I don't think this will change the views of those kids heart he broke.

To this day I don't think he gets it.

OP
Staffordwhite

Staffordwhite

Advisor to the Owner
I remember BD saying we needed to "wait for my book" to hear his side of the story.

Wonder if these are the same legal issues which have prevented him from taking all these jobs he could have had ;) I think I remember reading something is ongoing with Forest.

In regards to Elllis, I don't think this will change the views of those kids heart he broke.

To this day I don't think he gets it.
There's some interesting stuff in his chapter that I don't think has come out before, so it may change a few minds maybe.

Playing devil's advocate here, but he was top scorer and twice player of the year . . . the people in charge at the club back then need to take some responsibility for the circumstances around his departure, especially as Beck went only a few months later.

I think they backed the wrong horse. :)

sussexrob

Forum Patron
Patron
Just ordered mine hope its a good as the first one although that will be hard it was a cracker .
That Pontins shirt would look great on my wall framed with the others.