PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

North End Souls 2: Full line-up (Out June 1)

There's some interesting stuff in his chapter that I don't think has come out before, so it may change a few minds maybe.

Playing devil's advocate here, but he was top scorer and twice player of the year . . . the people in charge at the club back then need to take some responsibility for the circumstances around his departure, especially as Beck went only a few months later.

I think they backed the wrong horse. :)

Looking forward to reading that tale.....looking at his record with the lashers he still had 3 decent seasons with them so clearly had plenty to offer. But, maybe if he'd stayed Beck wouldn't have gone and Peter's wouldn't have been given the job and....and.....and....

V likely he'd have scored a hat full under Peters in Div 3 but iit may never have happened.

Cheers all, been absolutely blown away by the response today - had more than twice as many orders than I had on the first day of Volume 1, and it's not even out for another week or so, so really chuffed. :)

My Mrs isn't though - she writes all the envelopes! 😅

Just ordered my copy. I was going to drop some hints for Fathers Day but need something to read before then for when I’m sat out in the garden during lockdown. 😀

Have to say, I’m really impressed, it must’ve been hard work just building up the network and persuading the players to contribute.

Good old Gary Peters. He knew how to stir the pot with, 'that lot with the tower'.

Didn't he end up flogging lawn mowers?

Not sure, but if he does flog lawn mowers, you lot could do with one at Gloomfield! 😁

Ordered mine. Can't wait. First one was brilliantly written and know the next will be as good if not better.
Lots of memories for me in 1st book.

There's some interesting stuff in his chapter that I don't think has come out before, so it may change a few minds maybe.

Playing devil's advocate here, but he was top scorer and twice player of the year . . . the people in charge at the club back then need to take some responsibility for the circumstances around his departure, especially as Beck went only a few months later.

I think they backed the wrong horse. :)

Yes, the quiff provided some moments of utter joy and was treated appallingly by the club and one person in particular. I know football is emotive and I understand the vitriol to a degree but I wonder how many would have stayed in his situation. Remain at a club with the manager not really wanting you or move to a club nearby on a much more secure contract, were the manager wants to build his team around you and play to your strengths?

Anyway, copy ordered and looking forward to reading his story and Mooney in particular - Mooney is another who was treated appallingly by his club and the medical staff (at Sunderland).

Anyway, copy ordered and looking forward to reading his story and Mooney in particular - Mooney is another who was treated appallingly by his club and the medical staff (at Sunderland).

Without giving away any plot spoilers (!), there’s one or two things about Mooney’s departure from Deepdale that I didn’t know about. Crazy, really. 😳

I really enjoyed the first book and at times it was quite emotional with the passion for the club shining though, as a few what might have beens :-(
Just ordered the second and really looking forward to it.