What's new
PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Official Statement. No Takeover at Present (Confirmed)

northendmanc

Analytical annoyance
Patron
It was.......... but buying Derby will knock that back somewhat.......
He must be very wealthy….or strange…to want to lose £60,000,000 down the toilet!!
Totally! Can’t imagine it’s a good idea to waste 20-30% of your total money on paying someone else’s debts just to keep your football club alive… it’s especially mad given he then won’t be able to fund it properly. Though at least they will have good ticket income and low playing costs and aren’t stuck with too many legacy contracts of people stealing a wage.

oil-man

Forum Patron
Patron
Totally! Can’t imagine it’s a good idea to waste 20-30% of your total money on paying someone else’s debts just to keep your football club alive… it’s especially mad given he then won’t be able to fund it properly. Though at least they will have good ticket income and low playing costs and aren’t stuck with too many legacy contracts of people stealing a wage.
I'd certainly spend 30% of my assets on buying PNE, especially if it meant saving the club!

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
If so, then I wouldn't be surprised if his property company buys and leases the ground, and he buys the club itself...
Maybe - although he was supposedly buying the stadium in a personal capacity under the Kirchner deal (the company denied that it was involved when asked).