PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Official Statement. No Takeover at Present (Confirmed)

Ok so if the Hemmings are taking us forward can I politely suggest that part of the great thought of having a 34 year old owning us was the USP from having a dot com entrepreneur as our owner, we should take this on board as football club and try and get someone from this sector into our senior management. Lets face it football has been crap at this form of funding we could get ahead of the game by doing this and will excite us to go forward, Pleeeeesssee!

That was part of the problem he did a lot of talking on social media, but there was precious little out there about his background or how much money he had. The little information there is out there suggested he doesn’t have the kind of money required to spend the kind of money needed give us a realistic chance of going up without taking out some pretty substantial loans. This seemed to be backed up by the appraisal of him by Kieran Maguire on The Price of Football podcast who didn’t seem very impressed with Mr Kirchner as a potential owner.
There was no "suggestion" of any of that - just some billionaire-huggers on here think multi-millionaires are beneath them, that's all.

And I know about Maguire's opinion, I'm the one who first cited him on the original thread.

You didn't even know who the fuck he was - couldn't find any information on him anywhere you told us, multiple times - now you're suddenly an expert on him!

That’s correct to some degree , wouldn’t call myself an expert, but I can spot a bullshitter.

I wasn’t taken in like you, that must really be hard to take, and folks are desperate to find other reasons to turn it onto the Hemmings, like it’s Ingol which stopped the deal.

The simple fact of the matter is the stuff about CK never ever stood up, when I questioned it I was castigated, maybe you won’t be so easily taken in next time.

Sorry if the reality is hard to take.

The takeover hasn’t completed that’s it Im not renewing my season ticket after 30 years!!! etc etc

Those that have said that give your heads a wobble.

Truly pathetic. Should be ashamed.

Even if the messiah did take over, how was he going to put extra funding in with FFP rules in place. OK he might have been able to increase revenue but it would hardly be major would it?

FFS, yet another opportunity to moan.

Should rename it PNE Online Moanum!

That’s correct to some degree , wouldn’t call myself an expert, but I can spot a bullshitter.

I wasn’t taken in like you, that must really be hard to take, and folks are desperate to find other reasons to turn it onto the Hemmings, like it’s Ingol which stopped the deal.

The simple fact of the matter is the stuff about CK never ever stood up, when I questioned it I was castigated, maybe you won’t be so easily taken in next time.

Sorry if the reality is hard to take.
The reality is you gormlessly insisted to us on here several times that you couldn't find any information about him and none of your chums had heard of him either.

Like some grandad cluelessly peering at his keyboard wondering where the "Google" key is.

For us to ever get a buyer well-known enough for you to know who he is, he'll have to be a Hollywood A-lister.

There was no "suggestion" of any of that - just some billionaire-huggers on here think multi-millionaires are beneath them, that's all.

And I know about Maguire's opinion, I'm the one who first cited him on the original thread.
I don’t think it’s a case of being ‘billionaire huggers’, I’m all for moving the club on if there is someone out there who could invest the money needed to take us to the next level. However, the Hemmings family have being putting £6-7M a season into the club. People are nsaying that’s not enough and want more investment, so how much are they looking for £15M a season ? If so they need someone who’s prepared to spend @£30M to buy the club and then £15M over say 3 seasons. That would be £75M, with no guarantee of us going up. There are very few people who could write off that kind of money, and those that could would almost certainly be billionaire, and would be looking for a club with a much bigger fan base, unless they had some sort of link to the club or the area.

I , for one, am relieved. There’s something wrong about this interest.

My mixed emotions of the ongoing takeover saga for what they're worth!

Surprised, at the prospect of us being taken over!
Apprehensive, at the thought of possibly being landed in major debt.
Disappointed, in fact gutted, that we didn't get taken over.

Anyway, we are STILL SUPERIOR than them tinpot donkey lashing scum and Ronald Burgundy is STILL a twat of the highest order!

I found the comments about Season Tickets interesting.

Trying to pass off a delay on the takeover, like we don't wait until July to release our season tickets and then week before the season for our shitty template shirts.

More of the same coming up... can't wait.
Well, he did utter those dreaded words : "It's business as usual"🙄

For someone who was almost certainly out on his ear if the deal had gone through, he didn't seem that happy, did he?

The reality is you gormlessly insisted to us on here several times that you couldn't find any information about him and none of your chums had heard of him either.

Like some grandad cluelessly peering at his keyboard wondering where the "Google" key is.

For us to ever get a buyer well-known enough for you to know who he is, he'll have to be a Hollywood A-lister.

Yep, that’s it, spot on, no information, nothing at all to back up any bid. Although you told me he had passed all the financial stuff including the EFL stuff, which again was all bullshit created on here and believed by many.

The amount of ‘give them an inch and they take a mile’ gobbledygook which spewed forth on here based on no real solid information, and which you were taken in by, was ridiculous, almost hysteria at times.

Anyone questioning it was evil.

It was never going to be a deal, never.

Now you are having a go at me, for being correct, to hide your embarrassment.

End of subject for me, my last comment on the deal that never was.

Move on.

Yep, that’s it, spot on, no information, nothing at all to back up any bid. Although you told me he had passed all the financial stuff including the EFL stuff, which again was all bullshit created on here and believed by many.

The amount of ‘give them an inch and they take a mile’ gobbledygook which spewed forth on here based on no real solid information, and which you were taken in by, was ridiculous, almost hysteria at times.

Move on.
You're now making shit up, which is where you always end up.

So I'll move on.

I don’t think it’s a case of being ‘billionaire huggers’, I’m all for moving the club on if there is someone out there who could invest the money needed to take us to the next level. However, the Hemmings family have being putting £6-7M a season into the club. People are nsaying that’s not enough and want more investment, so how much are they looking for £15M a season ? If so they need someone who’s prepared to spend @£30M to buy the club and then £15M over say 3 seasons. That would be £75M, with no guarantee of us going up. There are very few people who could write off that kind of money, and those that could would almost certainly be billionaire, and would be looking for a club with a much bigger fan base, unless they had some sort of link to the club or the area.
Player Development & Player Trading is the only answer. But it's something which Hemmings and Ridsdale have proven categorically that they suck at.

We've needed Hemmings to keep throwing in millions each season, because we simply do not have a business strategy or infrastructure in place.

We currently have a bloated £22m wage bill, yet I would struggle to name more than 4 or 5 players we could sell for more than 500k.

Earl is the only youth to have debuted with a league start in the last 7-8 years. That's how bad our youth development / academy has been.

We've spunked money up the wall on unsaleable crap and have no answer to stop that happening year after year, because we are addicted to buying squad filler.

I'd say most club's in this country wouldnt have a fans group like ours. I'd hope not anyway. On a day like today fans should be questioning why a takeover deal has fallen through.

But we are so ground down as a fanbase it feels like it'll be another shrug of our shoulders as we drift on to yet another season of watching the same mistakes being made, the same corners being cut and the overall attitude of "be happy you're not a derby fan".

Yet, I'd wager right now, derby will get promoted to the Premiership before we do, if the Hemmings family remain in place.
This.

Radicalised into mediocrity- sooner or later you die from being average.

That sounds dangerously like protest group talk.

Are you not of the body?

PSC aren't going to ask any difficult questions ever - unless it's about crisp flavours in the tent.

And the media are now only going to ask "the fans" what they think of the PNE situation by asking the PSC as a proxy, as our so-called representatives - and the media will no doubt conclude "the fans" are a bunch of compliant dullards.
So only when it comes to the crunch then? 🙄

Move on.
It’s hilarious how stupid you are and how smart you believe yourself to be.

The problem with having a billionaire owner is, there's no pressure on him to make the club self-sustaining, not even a little bit.

So all the areas where we could be making money are neglected, run down, cut to the bone because they're viewed as a cost.

No need for the club to make money, because the billionaire owner will just chuck in the £6-7m loose change each season to keep it going.

The problem with that is, we stagnate. We never grow. And never can grow. Player trading is a few lucky windfalls in a barren wasteland of losses. Player recruitment is about getting in bodies that can do jobs.

Most of what the Kirchner approach talked about wasn't spending money - it was about how the club could start making money, in all the areas it currently doesn't bother because it never had to.

Looking forward, it's not about making the Hemmings put more money in, it's about them taking the club seriously and making an effort to run it properly, so that it maximises its own earning potential and with that maximises our chances of promotion. I'm not confident they ever will though.

And what would he do with Euxton?
Why the feck would anyone in their right mind be happy to pay for 2 sub standard training facilities and one piece of land with planning permission to build another?
Ingol may come back and haunt the Hemmings family whenever anyone is interested in buying our club.
Maybe they will have to take a hit like the rest of us did.
Sell it to Bolton or Wigan if they want it back. If not sell it to a developer who wants to put houses on it, extend the business park or whatever else they want to do with it. Either way just get rid of it, build a proper training ground at Ingol and move back to where we should be. With a little bit of investment Springies will be fine and can be used as an extra training facility for the academy.

Player Development & Player Trading is the only answer. But it's something which Hemmings and Ridsdale have proven categorically that they suck at.

We've needed Hemmings to keep throwing in millions each season, because we simply do not have a business strategy or infrastructure in place.

We currently have a bloated £22m wage bill, yet I would struggle to name more than 4 or 5 players we could sell for more than 500k.

Earl is the only youth to have debuted with a league start in the last 7-8 years. That's how bad our youth development / academy has been.

We've spunked money up the wall on unsaleable crap and have no answer to stop that happening year after year, because we are addicted to buying squad filler.
I would agree the strategy needs to change, whether we could develop more young players and more importantly keep hold of them is the question. Dolan is an obvious example of one that got away, but by all accounts Rovers thought he would spend a season or so in their U23, and were as surprised as anyone that he managed to break into their first team squad. The odds are stacked against us, especially since the Premeir League loaded the compensation system in their favour when the increased the solidarity payments with the EFL, but we could definitely improve in that area. However, the strategy probably needs to be a combination of improved youth development and better recruitment of young players from the lower leagues. It won’t be easy as the majority of clubs are looking to develop the same strategy.