PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Oklahoma spider

JFK-1

Seen much bigger spiders in the garden here but this is the biggest web I have seen. Trying to figure out if he's poisonous as many spiders are here. Not worried about myself but rather the dog in case she becomes curious.

The pic can be expanded for a better look at the spider in the centre of the web.

Spider-2.jpg

Be reet, probably just an orb weaver that

Yeah I think you're probably right. I first saw this spider a couple of days ago and didn't want to kill him if he was harmless. So I did some research and eventually thought he may be an orb weaver. Now more sure. The research stated that an orb weaver will consume the web late at night then an hour or so later make another one.

The next day after I first saw him the web was gone but hadn't been replaced. But now he's back in the exact same spot. He's spinning the web between a chair and a bin. You can see that in this pic which is the one I took a couple of days ago when trying to identify him.

spider-in-web.jpg

This type of orb weaver apparently often called a cat faced spider. The pic below is a of a cat faced spider and it looks similar enough for me.

Cat-Face-Spider-Male.jpg