Old PNE Songs

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
There was a long winded song sung by one person, repeated by hundreds (each line) that went something like "Allewetter, sweaty allewetter". Forgive my spelling as I didn't have a scooby what they were singing about, I just joined in.
I don't think a single PNE fan would have known what they were supposed to be singing either, to be fair, but 'sweaty allewetter' takes a bit of beating. Made me laugh, that. :)

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
More from the 80s Kop...

"We are the right side, we are the right side, we are the right side Fulwood End."

The reply was...

"We are the left side, we are the left side, we are the left side Fulwood End" followed by a playful British Bulldogs type charge into each other.

I usually stood to the right although we sometimes went over to the left.

Gossing out of the stand onto people queuing up outside or stood in the bogs below through the wooden floorboards was another early teenaged yeared past time.
I always stood on "the wall" when i went on the kop.

Took My Heart

First Team
Couple more classics from the good old days...

'We don't want Mirandinha or no one from Argentina,
We've got Brazil, he's fucking brill.
We don't want Maradona, we'd rather have Madonna,
We've got Brazil, he's fucking brill.'

'Please Release Me' was a product of its time and perhaps an antidote to falling in love via 'Wise Men Say'.

Nicked from other clubs but 'In the Blackpool Slums' and 'My brother's in borstal...' were popular on trains back after valiantly keeping Southend to just the three goals.

Does anyone remember 'Goodbye Horse' (prob sung on isa coaches around Beck era?).

Plus the anti-rovers song, 'You are the shit of all Europe, the scum of the North...'

Also...

'Bob Shankly said to Bill Paisley, 'have you heard of the famous PNE?' Bill said 'no, I don't think so, but I've heard of the Preston aggro'

Bit before my time but does anyone remember the words to a song that went something like,

'(something) the lads, you should have seen us coming, (something) thousand down Deepdale Road' - think it ended with, 'to see the Preston army'

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
It’s funny what pops into your head sometimes.....

ive currently got a couple of old PNE songs going through my head that we used to sing back in the 1970’s...

who else remembers them ?

“ Join the navy to see the world , what do you see, PNE ...... repeat “

also, “ The whites are coming up the hill boys, the whites are coming up the hill boys, they all laugh at us , they all mock us , they
all say are days are through - Born to be a white, born to be a white..... “

What other favourite songs do people remember ?
I read the first line and immediately thought “I’m surprised anything really”
Ps
Only watching my football behind a glass screen the answer is songs are there for the poor masses as a means of keeping up spirits

StevieB

Forum Patron
Patron
Yep, the feeling and atmosphere under Big JM was great. Listen to the noise from a couple of thousand at Hartlepool in an open end. It’s a shit recording and it was blowing a gale that night, yet it still comes over.
Holy Christ, look at the state of the pitches we used to play on!

On the chants front, was there not a Ooh Eck Johnny Beck we said Ooh Eck Johnny beck.

Gerona

Manager
Alouette Gentile Alouette.... How I love your big fat belly..your (insert the lines) sing out the whites oh Alouette.......

Wisemen say

Forum Patron
Patron
Yep, the feeling and atmosphere under Big JM was great. Listen to the noise from a couple of thousand at Hartlepool in an open end. It’s a shit recording and it was blowing a gale that night, yet it still comes over.
What a great night that was, we travelled up in two cars after the pubs shut, 3pm last orders.
Could not get in the away end so 10 of us bought tickets in the main stand.
Locals took pity on us when we scored and started showering us in money... Great celebrations on the way home in Ripon. 😀

Last edited:

NORTHENDRTOPS

French scout
My God I've hidden my life under a bushell. I do remember from the 60's,
"Aye aye aye aye Kelly is better than Yashin, Spavin is better than Eusebio and (insert team) Will get such a thrashin" Hardcore in those days ;)But my favourite chant has to be " ooooh it's a corner, Oooh it's a corner" repeated until the winger crossed it

Waddie

Manager
“ Join the navy to see the world , what do you see, PNE ...... repeat “
Me and my mates take full credit for that one. Think we started singing it in the Pig and Whistle just before I once went away. We wuz banned, probably got a bit boisterous. Walked in a year or so later and was was immediately informed that I was still banned!!

Henry Weston

Forum Patron
Patron
It was Alouetta ( a French woman’s name apparently ) and always great to sing on the train on away trips .....

it started with “ how I love your tatty head , how I love your tatty head and then went all the way down her body.....

big blue eyes, double chin, big fat boobs, belly, etc etc .......

It went on for about 20 minutes !!!
I think the run down included something like:

Your tatty head
Two black eyes
Broken nose
Ruby lips
Double chin
Two big boobs
Big fat belly
Juicy quim

Quality song 😁👍