PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Old PNE Songs

More from the 80s Kop...

"We are the right side, we are the right side, we are the right side Fulwood End."

The reply was...

"We are the left side, we are the left side, we are the left side Fulwood End" followed by a playful British Bulldogs type charge into each other.

I usually stood to the right although we sometimes went over to the left.

Gossing out of the stand onto people queuing up outside or stood in the bogs below through the wooden floorboards was another early teenaged yeared past time.
So it was you then you little shit!!! 🤔😠

Secretly? 😂

He absolutely buzzed off it, in his cap, when walking past the Kop, almost saluting the fans as he took it all in. It was a weird adulation of sorts.

Bilko! Bilko! Bilko!
Off topic, but I used to love watching 'Bilko' late on Sunday nights. Then, a Ska band called Serious Drinking released a song about exactly that - spending a whole boring Sunday just waiting for Bilko to come on!!! Here's a link - 'Countdown to Bilko'

Late seventies, we used to go all “Anfield” - scarves aloft singing Walk On.

I think it was used by a lot of clubs back then rather than reserved only for Liverpool - It filled the stadium with noise as well as any song.

Late seventies, we used to go all “Anfield” - scarves aloft singing Walk On.

I think it was used by a lot of clubs back then rather than reserved only for Liverpool - It filled the stadium with noise as well as any song.
In those days the fashion was to go to the ground with scarves attached to your wrists for that very purpose. It made you look a bit 'Bay City Rollers' though.

In those days the fashion was to go to the ground with scarves attached to your wrists for that very purpose. It made you look a bit 'Bay City Rollers' though.
Silk scarves were all the rage.... I remember going to Bury as a 14 year old ( 1974 ) with my PNE silk scarf on my right wrist.....

we thought we were so cool...... :cool:

Silk scarves were all the rage.... I remember going to Bury as a 14 year old ( 1974 ) with my PNE silk scarf on my right wrist.....

we thought we were so cool...... :cool:
As kids, my elder brother had a woollen PNE scarf and I had a silk one. He told me the wool ones were cool, and silk ones were 'for puffs' (the 70s equivalent of 'they're gay'). So he very kindly offered to swap his for mine, saying it would stop me looking like a puff. I discovered later that it was the other way around, and he was doing it for his own good, not mine.
A few years later, on my first day of secondary school, he did the same trick with school ties - offering to swap his 'cool' thin tie for my wide kipper tie, telling me the kipper ties were 'for puffs' and that he was saving me from being laughed at. I fell for it again. It was the other way round. Bastard.

Yep, the feeling and atmosphere under Big JM was great. Listen to the noise from a couple of thousand at Hartlepool in an open end. It’s a shit recording and it was blowing a gale that night, yet it still comes over.

Chucking it down, absolute soaked through and almost freezing to death - that was one of my favourite ever away trips! I can recall from personal experience how wet and slippy the pitch was that night 😉

Chucking it down, absolute soaked through and almost freezing to death - that was one of my favourite ever away trips! I can recall from personal experience how wet and slippy the pitch was that night 😉
‘Yellows’ rang out for about 5 minutes before kickoff

Was this match the old Sherpa vans trophy?

Aye, pissed it down and if I remember rightly the PNE fans were herded into one of the corners of an open end with a shit view behind the floodlight pylon?

I got stuck on the A66, problem with the old banger I was driving, and only made it for half time. Turned out to be fortunate because it had pissed down all the first half and stopped raining at half time. And both our goals were in the second half. I do remember the coaches were parked literally right outside the exits , blocking the way, and there was a really Dangerous crush as everyone tried to get out.

Like so many great PNE memories , they only ultimately lead to disappointment. The northern final second leg extra time against Burnley broke my heart and was the day I realised that watching North End was going to be a lifetime of agony and anguish.