PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Our Biggest Rivalry

PNE's Biggest Rivalry

• Total voters

SF

Patron
With us having three local games in this division and me not really classing any of them as a proper rivalry I thought i'd see what other people think.

I've made a poll where you can pick two options.

For me it's obviously Blackpool but I suppose it depends where you live and how long you've supported us, after that the team I dislike the most are the Dingles.

I guess it depends on where you hail from, if you come from south of the Ribble you have plastics in your face all the time!

I guess it depends on where you hail from, if you come from south of the Ribble you have plastics in your face all the time!

Yeah, would be interesting to know where the people picking Blackburn are from.

I'm from Ribbleton and they're not on my radar as we've barely played them in my lifetime and I don't personally know many plastics.

Saying that, I don't personally know any lashers, just know they're cock ends.

Anyone know where I can watch or get a copy of that Blackpool game from 2013?

I'd love to watch it back in full. Everything was just a blur.

Anyone know where I can watch or get a copy of that Blackpool game from 2013?

I'd love to watch it back in full. Everything was just a blur.

The club shop used to sell dvd’s of games, even if they don’t now they should know where or if you could get a copy. I’m not knowledgeable about various apps but would it be on You Tube or somewhere like that.

The club shop used to sell dvd’s of games, even if they don’t now they should know where or if you could get a copy. I’m not knowledgeable about various apps but would it be on You Tube or somewhere like that.

Aye, the club shop/staff might be worth a try.

Searched high and low, including YouTube, but couldn't find the full game unfortunately.

I'm surprised Blackburn has won so many of the early votes.

Historically, the fiercest rivalry has been with The Donkey Lashers followed, for me, by the Dingles. Blackburn would rank as at least 3rd place behind those 2.

Thank you zwebbhead I enjoyed watching that. It brought to mind Paul Ince’s ramblings after the game. We could have had knives you know:eek:

That interview is solid gold. Does anyone have a link?

Watching Ince's bottom lip wobbling whilst he babbled incoherently about being disappointing with the referee was absolutely superb. The bitterness was almost tangible.

Yeah, would be interesting to know where the people picking Blackburn are from.

I'm from Ribbleton and they're not on my radar as we've barely played them in my lifetime and I don't personally know many plastics.

Saying that, I don't personally know any lashers, just know they're cock ends.

I suppose it can be an age thing also, in the sixties all the games against Blackpool, Blackburn , Burnley and even Bolton were considered big derbies.

Their players were well known to you , even though they were disliked they were respected and some players were even feared.

Ainscough and Suddick for the lashers, Kindon and James for the dingles, Douglas and Pickering for the plastics and Franny Lee and Wyn Davies are a few that come to mind.

1.Blackpool
2.Blackburn
3.Burnley
Its easily the biggest rivalry for me but has faded a bit due to not playing them very much.

I've lived in Fulwood my whole life so it's Blackpool for me. My Dad is from Chorley and all his family still live there and he hates Rovers more than anyone which has rubbed off on me a bit. Always hated the Dingles too but they're 3rd.

Working in Horwich for the last couple of years has certainly made the Bolton games a bit more spicy but it's more a friendly rivalry than anything. Who the fuck are Wigan? Rugby cunts.

Always been T'Rovers for me. Especially since the mid 90's that witnessed PNE "Fans" defect to Jack Walkers Millions. Is it fair to say that those from the South of the Ribble that have to live amongst Horse Fiddlers would look at T'Rovers as our biggest rivals & those to the North view Blackpool as the one?

In all my time being a fan it’s always been Blackpool and that is 53 years. I can recall going to Blackpool as a kid and singing anti lasher songs on top of our voices. At the time they sang to the tune of Yellow Submarine (or maybe that was us) it’s all gone to mush but it was over half a decade ago.

I know people will say t'Lashers - I get that - but they mean as much as Burnley for me. In fact, t'Lashers have faded for me over the last decade as rivals, as good as that 87th minute in 2013 was. I look forward to it but... it just lacks something for me these days.

For myself, it is all about Ewood away. Beating them there is #1 for myself. Mainly due to the arrogance of their fans. Plus we can cram around 7k there as opposed to the paltry 2k that the Lashers give us. Maybe if we play them again, the atmosphere under a roof this time (for the noise effect) and anticipation, given it has been 6 years, will return some of its former glories.