Our clubs effort in the stands.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
This is not knocking any who paid out good money to have banners put in the stands but what a piss poor effort by PNE.

When you see the amount of work other clubs put in and then you look at Deepdale.

Sums the club up, its not just on the pitch theirs a malaise but it seems to right through the whole club.

Training ground
Fans zone

Everything seems to be with the attitude of, "Lets do as little as we can get away with."

Add to that the fact we were one of the few clubs that didn't offer Season card holders the option of a refund on games missed and I think we can see the contempt that this club has for us all.

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
This is not knocking any who paid out good money to have banners put in the stands but what a piss poor effort by PNE.

When you see the amount of work other clubs put in and then you look at Deepdale.

Sums the club up, its not just on the pitch theirs a malaise but it seems to right through the whole club.

Training ground
Fans zone

Everything seems to be with the attitude of, "Lets do as little as we can get away with."

Add to that the fact we were one of the few clubs that didn't offer Season card holders the option of a refund on games missed and I think we can see the contempt that this club has for us all.
We would of had the Fan Cut outs, but the club felt it be to big of an embarrassment when Cut outs got up and left with 15 minutes to go in disgust.

sf

Advisor to the Owner
It's a fair point really, as a club PNE just lacks effort and innovation in every aspect.

Atko_pne956

First Team
40,000 cardboard cut outs at Leeds today, they look good. We had about 20 flags out but I thought they looked Ok overall.

Chip Barm

Forum Lookout
Patron
The club staff try to do the best with what they have so maybe a bit harsh on them.

There was zero funding made available to do anything "non covid essential" in the stadium.

Barry Siddall

Youth Team
I used to be of the opinion that sitting at home when the game was on TV meant that you was letting the club down but today the fans did the club proud by staying away from deepdale and helped to save hundreds of lives in the local area. It's early days with behind closed doors displays, but next season we'll improve and we can cheer the boys on at home.

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron

Training ground
Fans zone

Very fair points.

Baldygit

Forum Patron
Patron
Thankfully we didn't have any cut outs in the stands so they didn't get drenched and find their heads drooping :)

Agree with the OP. Was thinking this myself during the game. Piss poor. Not knocking the staff as they can only work within the budget given (zero). Even League 2 clubs put us to shame on the effort stakes.

The club staff try to do the best with what they have so maybe a bit harsh on them.

There was zero funding made available to do anything "non covid essential" in the stadium.
I wonder why/if fans should've been offered the chance to have their own cutouts for cost price?

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
At £25 a time as well it said on commentary.
Of which the club gets approx £7, still a tidy sum though and it does show interaction with the supporters. Even Bamber Bridge are doing it to raise a bit of extra cash. Out of interest, I saw the PNE Online flag, but try as I might, I couldn’t see the Gentry Flag. Where about in the stand was it?

Barry Siddall

Youth Team
Of which the club gets approx £7, still a tidy sum though and it does show interaction with the supporters. Even Bamber Bridge are doing it to raise a bit of extra cash. Out of interest, I saw the PNE Online flag, but try as I might, I couldn’t see the Gentry Flag. Where about in the stand was it?
Block B of the IP, above the Preston's College one.