Over 40's football at the LFA

buckshawwhite

Advisor to the Owner
For some weeks now the LFA have been running over 40's football at the LFA HQ County Ground Leyland... It is 4 til 6pm every Sunday on the 3g pitch & is basically a case of pay £2 on the day, bib up two teams and play a match. I've been going for some weeks now & really enjoy it. A few weeks ago we even had a full 11 aside game on the grass pitch before they ripped it up to be reseeded. Anyone that is interested then let me know as it is best that you join the Whatsapp group for it

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Old gits playing footy, some bugger will suggest women playing football next, what on earth is the world coming to?

;)

PaulC47

Youth Team
For some weeks now the LFA have been running over 40's football at the LFA HQ County Ground Leyland... It is 4 til 6pm every Sunday on the 3g pitch & is basically a case of pay £2 on the day, bib up two teams and play a match. I've been going for some weeks now & really enjoy it. A few weeks ago we even had a full 11 aside game on the grass pitch before they ripped it up to be reseeded. Anyone that is interested then let me know as it is best that you join the Whatsapp group for it
Is this still running?

PaulC47

Youth Team
I'm 47, not great at playing to be honest, but looking to get involved and improve my fitness. Is this for decent players only or do you have mixed abilities?

OP
buckshawwhite

buckshawwhite

Advisor to the Owner
I'm 47, not great at playing to be honest, but looking to get involved and improve my fitness. Is this for decent players only or do you have mixed abilities?
It's mixed ability. There is an over 40's team formed from this have a game this weekend. But most Sundays its a case of turn up, sort 2 teams and just play. Unfortunately I'm out at the mo. Got a dose of the Ched Evans Plantar Fasciitis

PaulC47

Youth Team
It's mixed ability. There is an over 40's team formed from this have a game this weekend. But most Sundays its a case of turn up, sort 2 teams and just play. Unfortunately I'm out at the mo. Got a dose of the Ched Evans Plantar Fasciitis
Sounds painful. Im interested in getting involved if there's still space for players. I'm in Leyland so I could take a look on Sunday.

OP
buckshawwhite

buckshawwhite

Advisor to the Owner
Sounds painful. Im interested in getting involved if there's still space for players. I'm in Leyland so I could take a look on Sunday.
I'd suggest that you just turn up at LFA to play...Sure they wont turn you away...Think it would be £5 to play... There is a £20 per month standing order option, a Whatsapp & Spond group. I'm sure Jim the organiser would let you know all about that

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
I am the wrong side of 60 these days, is there any walking football groups in existence around Euxton, Chorley and Leyland....