P.M Boris Johnson

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
By the way, I actually think the government are probably trying to do their best. I just don’t think their best is anywhere near good enough.
yep, cant argue with that.

Ive said many times they were formed by the ERG for one reason and one reason only and that was to get us out of the EU. Cummings skill set and the people hes built around him extends no further than that.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
By the way, I actually think the government are probably trying to do their best. I just don’t think their best is anywhere near good enough.
yep, cant argue with that.

Ive said many times they were formed by the ERG for one reason and one reason only and that was to get us out of the EU. Cummings skill set and the people hes built around him extends no further than that.
I would put a caveat on that. I think they put far too much energy into arse-covering, bullshit and PR. I'm not saying that governments should completely ignore these 'propaganda' activities... because I think it's reasonable to do a little, to smooth the process of government... but this government has a horrendous record of ignoring the common-good to instead focus disproportionately on political self-interest... and I think that is definitely continuing.

It would be much better to have a government where there is a sense of partnership - and energy and focus isn't wasted. Where we trust what the government tells us... and we are accepting of bad news and honest mistakes. And whilst I am very critical of the dreadful example the government sets on this, I think the public and press are also very culpable in return.