Parking eye takes over RPH and Chorley Hospital car parking

NORTHENDRTOPS

Forum Patron
Patron
beagleman;n3410191 said:
Careful people, this site is monitored and dont put anything down that could be construed as inciting or encouraging riotous behaviour. I agree this parking charge is outrageous, simply profiteering from illness. I think we will probably see some form of Paris style protests should Brexit be reversed, there would be a lot of seriously angry people wanting to vent at the Gov.
The only riotous behaviour I get involved in is scrapping with the wife for the choccie hobnobs

chorleythehord

Forum Patron
Patron
A few thousand people causing illegal disruption in yellow vests manage to get the change they want in France. Meanwhile in Blighty 17.4m peacefully go to the polls to register the change they want, and don’t get it.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
chorleythehord;n3410230 said:
A few thousand people causing illegal disruption in yellow vests manage to get the change they want in France. Meanwhile in Blighty 17.4m peacefully go to the polls to register the change they want, and don’t get it.
Blame the party you support for that.

Edit:

PS forgot to say, few thousand?

Yeh ok.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t1.0-9\/48084036_604551219988713_8789353716009402368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=e5083ed3f08fbf2965daacb6488cf34c&oe=5CB01792"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:

dashrunner

First Team
raefil;n3410276 said:

Edit:

Yeh ok.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t1.0-9\/48084036_604551219988713_8789353716009402368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=e5083ed3f08fbf2965daacb6488cf34c&oe=5CB01792"}[/IMG2]
good on em - once upon a time it was the french that surrendered and the British that fought, now..............................

Strongbow

First Team
dashrunner;n3410310 said:
good on em - once upon a time it was the french that surrendered and the British that fought, now..............................
Too many older Brits entrenched in their cushty lifestyles i'm afraid, nice house,nice car, kids gone and happy in their pipe and slippers.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Strongbow;n3410360 said:
Too many older Brits entrenched in their cushty lifestyles i'm afraid, nice house,nice car, kids gone and happy in their pipe and slippers.
Hey up, its spreading

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/Dt7iaReWkAE6wBw.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Strongbow

First Team
raefil;n3410368 said:
Hey up, its spreading

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/Dt7iaReWkAE6wBw.jpg"}[/IMG2]
See they have their Hi-Viz vests on ready to demo .... you got yours out yet Philly ?

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
raefil;n3410276 said:

Edit:

Yeh ok.

Do you support the protests Raefil?

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
I support the people standing up against their own govts, absolutely, when they feel that the said govt is not listening to them.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
PARKING EYE'S HOSPITAL ONE ARMED BANDITS

Two ANPR car parking pay machines installed recently at Chorley hospital were consumer tested earlier today for faults.

Five drivers all entered plate details, the machine did not recognise any of the registration plates/images. That is a 100% failure rate.

A separate pay machine for a vehicle parked in a [different adjacent car park] was tested and yielded the same results.

To allow for the malfunction of the pay machine however, drivers opted to 'play safe' and decided to choose from a price list for proof they had paid something.

It was noted they were paying a 'higher rate' for the longer period in case their 'guess' was short and they received a Parking Charge Notice (these are not 'fines' they are accusations that a driver has breached a contractual agreement stated on signage when parking).

The head of parking (for both Preston & Chorley hospitals) observed the pay machine at outpatients failing to display the image and registration plate of vehicles, and mentioned that customers should adopt a honesty policy and best 'guess' how long they'd been parked up.

■ Honesty policies do not apply to the public, the consumer act does, so BEWARE!

GUESS WHO PROFITS FROM GUESSING?
If your guess is shorter than the time you think you've been parked and the image/plate details are logged but not displayed there is a chance Parking Eye may issue a charge notice (but I'm no expert so don't take my word).

It is reasonable to say if the system cannot prove your vehicle was parked in hospital grounds it cannot dispense a valid timestamp and under consumer rights I would assume the time transaction must match the time stayed to the amount paid (shown on the tariff). There is no case to answer.

In other words....

■ The machine should not accept MORE than the tariff fee stated on the timestamp. If any excess money is paid this must be returned as change. If there is no time stamp the machine should not proceed with the transaction (IMHO).
The machine is said to be 'faulty'.

Pay and display is different, and so are some other Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) systems which have exit barriers that compare entry and exit time and then checks correct amount paid prior to exit.

People are paying unnecessary and excessive amounts to Parking Eyes flawed and malfunctioning system. Don't get ripped off, know your rights!

Contact: Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS trust parking dept. on 01772 450970

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
raefil;n3410424 said:
I support the people standing up against their own govts, absolutely, when they feel that the said govt is not listening to them.
I’ve just read this.....

why did you ever vote remain!

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Nobber;n3419915 said:
I’ve just read this.....

why did you ever vote remain!
Im not sure this is about the EU, TBH.

Kind of sums up where were at really.

"Ah but Brexit."

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
raefil;n3419974 said:
Im not sure this is about the EU, TBH.

Kind of sums up where were at really.

"Ah but Brexit."
So, you say that you support people standing against their own government.

Obviously that makes me wonder why you don't support people standing against the indenocratic super government.

I don't get it, never have.

Spavin Stardust

Forum Patron
Patron
Parasite Eye and their ‘technology’ depends on being able to see your number plate for a brief period of time.......

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Spavin Stardust;n3420025 said:
Parasite Eye and their ‘technology’ depends on being able to see your number plate for a brief period of time.......
Worth remembering that this brief period of time is on entry and exit.

Spavin Stardust

Forum Patron
Patron
raefil;n3420071 said:
Worth remembering that this brief period of time is on entry and exit.
Worth remembering the handily placed lay by as you turn left out of the hospital traffic lights and head towards Astley Village.....

They should set a limit of £4 maximum, its not as though the car park is going to be used for much else, the shops opposite have their own car park.
Had to take someone to A&E a few weeks back ,the situation deteriorated and ended up being there overnight. When I came out was charged £10 parking, felt like I'd been kicked in the nuts.

BeteNoir

First Team
It's just wrong to be charged and the government is to blame 100%. They don't give a, I was going to say shite, but I don't use words like that, about us having to fork out when we're ill or visiting. Companies like Private Eye shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a hospital car park. The government could stop it but they chose not to. Be careful who you vote for next time.

The whole problem with handing something like this over to the private sector is that their whole goal is to make money, sense of fair play and right or wrong don't come into it, its just about the money.