PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Patron payments via PayPal (Delay)

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
Hello all.

Just a quick alert to make people aware who have recently donated via paypal there may be a slight delay in upgrading or maintaining you patronship status on the forum.

If you have renewed or joined in the last 48 hours we have received your kind donations but paypal appear to be having issues in communicating this back to the forum software.

I have asked them to resolve this, however due to convid 19 they may be slower than there usually very slow response.

In the meantime if this hasnt been sorted by the weekend I will manually check accounts to ensure your patronship is unaffected.

If you have reoccurring payments or wish to donate via paypal in the meantime please continue to do so.

Many Thanks
JK

Hi JK can you tell me how to cancel our patronage ASAP.

As one of your mods said that it was a privilege to post on here last night I don’t feel that it is currently something I want to fund.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Just cancel your direct debit on your paypal account, sadly that doesnt mean you can get back the extra donations made for the, "privilege," of posting on here though.

As Raefil has kindly explained above if someone regrettably decides they no longer wish to contribute as a patron and have reoccurring payments set up you need to cancel that directly with paypal.

Anyone who uses stripe or has not elected reoccurring payments will not be charged annually unless they choose to contribute each year.

As an update to my original post as expected pay pal are being as unhelpful as ever. So will take a look at manually upgrading everyone over the weekend if not resolved.

Thank you for your continued support.

As Raefil has kindly explained above if someone regrettably decides they no longer wish to contribute as a patron and have reoccurring payments set up you need to cancel that directly with paypal.

Anyone who uses stripe or has not elected reoccurring payments will not be charged annually unless they choose to contribute each year.
My pleasure, always like to be helpful when I can :)

I've had a paypal notification this morning saying my subscription has been paid. So it is working.

Thank You for your support.

It's probably an issue that you wont notice but wanted to make everyone aware.

Ha ha, I’ve just had a message saying thanks for continuing to support the forum. Looks like my cash has gone out for another year.

I suppose I will have to continue to doff my cap at the ‘privilege’ of being allowed to post here......when I’m allowed that is.