PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Pay cut

bowlandwhites

Patron
With every thing going on with coronavirus & no football does anyone think players should take voluntary pay cut . I was reading PFA are reluctant for members to accept pay cuts as it would mean players in lower divisions may have to accept pay cut when they are all finantialy struggling.
Also should help support lower league clubs

With every thing going on with coronavirus & no football does anyone think players should take voluntary pay cut . I was reading PFA are reluctant for members to accept pay cuts as it would mean players in lower divisions may have to accept pay cut when they are all finantialy struggling.
Also should help support lower league clubs
It's a tricky one this. Nobody forced the clubs to pay the wages they do. However if it is in order to ensure clubs are able to support non playing staff or clubs further down the pyramid then yes.

It's a tricky one this. Nobody forced the clubs to pay the wages they do. However if it is in order to ensure clubs are able to support non playing staff or clubs further down the pyramid then yes.

you are right, but other workers are being reduced to 80% pay, so don’t see why footballers should be exempt. The ticket office and shop staff well probably only get 80%.

you are right, but other workers are being reduced to 80% pay, so don’t see why footballers should be exempt. The ticket office and shop staff well probably only get 80%.

which only leaves your/their employers to fund 20% to keep them the same, the government has asked employers to make up this 20%.

these last few days I have changed utility suppliers both in the office and at home, a new deal with BT re internet and call charges, stopped my gym (don't you dare laugh) and suspended my golf club membership, and gone onto a sim only contract with my mobile provider, £228 per month saved.
I am negotiating a freeze on payments to my business credit card and my vehicle stocking loan has been suspended for 3 months, trying my very best to keep things going and if you just plod along doing the same old thing you WILL struggle.

Is the big question the tv money that supports the Premier league especially, but also the championship, will it be paid because no games have been broadcast, and the networks paying the money aren’t receiving the advertising revenue to keep them financing this.
In which case there could be a huge financial meltdown throughout football.

Any one got thoughts on that....?

Is the big question the tv money that supports the Premier league especially, but also the championship, will it be paid because no games have been broadcast, and the networks paying the money aren’t receiving the advertising revenue to keep them financing this.

Any one got thoughts on that....?

good

They will probably continue to show re-runs/best of etc, to fill the space. As a lot of folk are told to stay at home any programme worth watching should be a prime candidate for advertising.

They will probably continue to show re-runs/best of etc, to fill the space. As a lot of folk are told to stay at home any programme worth watching should be a prime candidate for advertising.
In no version of reality are endless re-runs of Gary Neville's Soccerbox worth £20-£30 a month to subscribers or more than about 10p an hour to advertisers.

I think the threat of a huge financial meltdown is quite real though - like the ITV Digital collapse but scaled up to affect the Prem as well.

I think I read earlier that Naismith ( Hearts ) has taken a 50% pay cut.....
Aye they had asked the entire playing staff to. Think he said some were but some weren't in a position to but that the squad would stick together irrespective of their personal choice

A lot of people will not be renewing their TV subscriptions. There will be no live sports aired for some time. Is it not inevitable that when player's contacts are re-negotiated.

Slightly unrelated but I saw a suggestion on Twitter that the EFL had used what is going on as cover to drop the charges against Sheff Weds without it being made a fuss of

Slightly unrelated but I saw a suggestion on Twitter that the EFL had used what is going on as cover to drop the charges against Sheff Weds without it being made a fuss of

I mentioned this on a thread, it won’t be the only thing that’s buried due to what’s going on.

Would be absolutely delighted to see the premier league suffer a huge financial shock. It's long overdue.

But the problem is, the ripples would stretch far & wide, and it's the smaller clubs who would likely suffer more.
The smaller clubs are already suffering sadly. Premier league will also use it as an excuse to put even less into grass roots.