PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Pearson back at Deepdale - cheered or booed ??

Stony silence from me. I did not like his comments when he left although you can't blame him for going
His comments were ill judged & smacked of naivety in front of the media especially as we’d paid his wages for a good few years & given him a real opportunity to establish himself in the championship.

I genuinely don’t think he’s bad guy and he was entitled to seek alternative employment. However his comments were poor and sadly blotted the copy book of what I consider to be one of the best midfielders to play in many a year.

He’s made his bed, he now needs to lie in it........

Neither and ignored from the outset
He left of his own accord and was NOT going to re-sign but he was a good Player for us whilst he was here.
Personally i will just class him as another opposing Player, who would only get booed if he was dirty or on the wind up.
Personally I'd just think he was a player that finally realised that the club he was at was going nowhere

IMHO

Pearson is a massive part of why Alex Neil is no longer our manager. He let the gaffer down, with his attitude, big time.

In letting the manager down he also let his team mates down and us the supporters too.

He gave us 5 years, which was 2 years longer than he needed to. If he gets blamed for Neil's downfall then he takes a big portion of the credit for Neil's success as well.

I always felt his interview was just the generic 'new club' interview. Obviously their players are a long way ahead of ours and he did give himself a much better chance of playing in the Prem by making that move.

It's a really small club mentality that so many are obsessed with him not saying exactly what we wanted in an interview with his new team

Boo the whole team not just Bournemouth, lets turn Deepdale into one of them foreign grounds in the Europa League where its constant booing and whistling of the opposition, make Deepdale intimidating to come to!
Chuck in some flares like the Eastern European grounds too, that'll do the trick.

I will neither boo or applaud him. Would give an ironic cheer if he got sent off though.
He left on a sour note IMO, admitted he didn't try and then refused to play in the last weeks of his time here.

Personally I'd just think he was a player that finally realised that the club he was at was going nowhere
I agree with that but he could have done it better. The fans had always been good support of and for him it wasn’t their fault the club are going nowhere either. Remember to stay kind on the way up because you may need them on the way back down. Ask David Healy.

Last edited:
He gave us 5 years, which was 2 years longer than he needed to. If he gets blamed for Neil's downfall then he takes a big portion of the credit for Neil's success as well.

I always felt his interview was just the generic 'new club' interview. Obviously their players are a long way ahead of ours and he did give himself a much better chance of playing in the Prem by making that move.

It's a really small club mentality that so many are obsessed with him not saying exactly what we wanted in an interview with his new team
I agree to most of that but he refused to play for us in his last weeks, he said he had been disinterested for months. That’s the reason why I’m cheesed off with him. We weren’t worthy of any effort. That arrogance speaks volumes.

Boo the whole team not just Bournemouth, lets turn Deepdale into one of them foreign grounds in the Europa League where its constant booing and whistling of the opposition, make Deepdale intimidating to come to!
Don't forget, post-Covid is a different world - boo a player and you will likely be ejected from the ground accused of affecting the player's mental health.

I will neither boo or applaud him. Would give an ironic cheer if he got sent off though.
He left on a sour note IMO, admitted he didn't try and then refused to play in the last weeks of his time here.
Might be a lot to do with his agent ? Turning his head ? , giving him shall we say an attitude problem ?

I vaguely remember a documentary on Sam Allardyce , might have been the one where he was strapped up to heart monitors etc to show stress levels etc ? .

Anyway someone mentioned Michael Ricketts and the terse reply was that Michael has chosen to take too much notice of agents instead of me and my staff - which I thought was fair enough .

One season wonder for Bolton in the premiership , then Spurs were looking for him ; Boro bought him and was a flop for England ending up at Leeds .

I agree with that but he could have done it better. The fans had always been good support of and for him it wasn’t their fault the club are going nowhere either. Remember to stay kind on the way up because you may need them on the way back down. Ask David Healy.
Yes remember being in the STF , a dreadful game and there was plenty of them ! , against Bury and hearing the stick he got .

Just thought they've memories like elephants this lot , they don't miss nothing .

Westley was many , many things ! But not entirely mad or daft enough to sign him again for Preston ! .