Pearson is a gift to the opposition.

As the title says. He slows the game down, passes negatively, and never drives us forward. Opposition teams must love him.
He’s the perfect player when we are infront, does his job exceptionally well.

He isn’t a creative player, to criticise him today says more about Neil that it does about Pearson.

Spavin Stardust

Forum Patron
Patron
Pearson is critical to everything. Today he was miles off it and it showed. When he's on it (which is 95% of the time) then he's our biggest asset. His usual energy was missing and the game bypassed him today for some reason.
I think we can get by with one of the three in the midfield having an off day. When two of the three are not at the races, boy does it show. For me Pearson has been poor since February / March.

Are the opposition bypassing midfield more to stop Pearson being as effective?

sf

Advisor to the Owner
If the ball isn't played in his area then what do you expect him to do? Cardiff got forward about twice in that second half. Manager's job to play an attacking player in his place.

I think we can get by with one of the three in the midfield having an off day. When two of the three are not at the races, boy does it show. For me Pearson has been poor since February / March.

Are the opposition bypassing midfield more to stop Pearson being as effective?
I think one of the problems is the opposition sit so deep at Deepdale that when Pearson picks up the ball there is no space in behind for the ball to be played meaning that he has to play the ball side to side to try and break the opp down and find a gap. Makes him look ineffective but really he's just being nullified imo opinion.

Spavin Stardust

Forum Patron
Patron
I think one of the problems is the opposition sit so deep at Deepdale that when Pearson picks up the ball there is no space in behind for the ball to be played meaning that he has to play the ball side to side to try and break the opp down and find a gap. Makes him look ineffective but really he's just being nullified imo opinion.
He needs to break forward more and draw an opponent out, creating space for Ledson or DJ to move into and receive the ball from Pearson?

He can do it, for some reason he very rarely does.

the12thman

Manager
Today, for the first time, I found myself getting frustrated with Pearson and his apparent unwillingness to try to play an attacking pass forward. He has the ability, but seems to be happy just to find a white shirt and doesn’t seem to want to try a decent forward pass (unlike Ledson who regularly does this).
He’s still an important part of our team, but he does temper our creativity somewhat. Whether this is him following orders, I don’t know.

norfolk white

Staff member
Patron
I don't get to see too many of our games but to me BP doesn't seem to be as effective as he used to be since he has cleaned up his act and and his nastiness not being there. What is it now, 1 yellow card in the last 15 games? Am I way off the mark or am I totally wrong?