Pearson is a gift to the opposition.

prestonmadhouse

Forum Patron
Patron
Personally I think there’s a lot more of a footballer in Pearson, he’s been given the role as defensive midfielder but I think he could offer more further upfield. I agree with baldygits comments is he carrying out instructions from AN to retain possession hence the sideways and backwards passing ?? In AN eyes if Pearson is in the side he’s the holding player, thought Browne did a good job deeper last night and was the best game he’s had for sometime. Be interesting to see Pearson with Riis up top knowing it’s not coming straight back unlike when Maguire is up top on his own
I seem to recall that when he came he was a very forward playing midfielder, similar to what Ledson is now. AN decided that Pearson would make a better defensive midfielder. At times nowadays, he is the player that is actually behind the defence, holding things whilst they push up.

You can’t help but wonder if this could be one of the reasons he won’t sign a new contract.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
I seem to recall that when he came he was a very forward playing midfielder, similar to what Ledson is now. AN decided that Pearson would make a better defensive midfielder. At times nowadays, he is the player that is actually behind the defence, holding things whilst they push up.

You can’t help but wonder if this could be one of the reasons he won’t sign a new contract.

The most stand out performance that Pearson put in for me was Vs Villa in 2016 when he scored and he led from the front pushed right up the pitch. Absolute joy to watch knowing he had Welsh sat deep doing the dirty work.