PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Pearson is a gift to the opposition.

I mentioned this yesterday. Seems to be a regular thing... so why? Not fit enough? Or training hard enough? Or just covering that much ground? Seems to be a fairly recent thing though
Seems to have been happening for much, if not all of 2020.

Lad needs to change his diet I reckon

Think something worth considering with Pearson is he's usually there to snuff out counter attacks, but we've been done quite badly on the counter two games in a row now.

I don't neccessarily think he's been poor and we have bigger problems, but I don't think he's been at his best since pre-lockdown.

He will be a gift to the opposition at the end of the season, I agree not been great this season but who has , definitely rather play with him than against him .

Was it definitely cramp? I was stuck listening to Radio Lancs and the commentators reckoned it looked worse than that, as he limped and played on. Has it been mentioned post match?

Regardless, this has been an issue too often for me, and I'm not sure why AN prefers to take Ledson off when Pearo is the risky one for it.

Was it definitely cramp? I was stuck listening to Radio Lancs and the commentators reckoned it looked worse than that, as he limped and played on. Has it been mentioned post match?

Regardless, this has been an issue too often for me, and I'm not sure why AN prefers to take Ledson off when Pearo is the risky one for it.
Didn't look like cramp. He seemed to be holding the inside of his knee.

Cramp was easily cured with three simple items:-
1)Steel bucket. The more dented the better
2) water. Preferably as near to freezing as possible
3) a sponge. Preferably used umpteen times to clean a car with that smells of turtle wax

the removal of these simple items is the issue
Edgy, your comment about turtle wax reminds me of the chap who took his car to a Jewish garage and asked them to simonize it. They cut 3 inches off his exhaust pipe!

If he’s out for two months who takes his place?

Given we established Ledson is better in the 8. Do we play a two of Ledson and Browne?

Given we established Ledson is better in the 8. Do we play a two of Ledson and Browne?

Probably, and see how that works. I'd like to see Bayliss get some game time with Ledson or Browne alongside him though, but I can't see it happening right now.

I would suggest that we will see Browne and DJ rotating that role.

Be interesting to see how much more adventurous we are if Pearson is out for an extended period of time given a number of people suggest we play further up the pitch without him in the side.

3) a sponge. Preferably used umpteen times to clean a car with that smells of turtle wax

The sight of the bucket got most lads in our team up sharpish.

It also cured a lot of injuries, I’m sure if a player Back in the day lost a leg, a bucket and sponge made it grow back again. 😂

Seen on twitter a doubt for Wednesday due to a groin problem however the OP Is surely taking the piss? If not give me some of what you have been smoking , I could of done with some after this last 9 days of isolation.

I don’t think we missed Pearson at all last night.

I’ve been a great fan of Pearson, however he has lost his ‘edge’ , but at least we keep him on the pitch more, but I think I prefer the more aggressive Pearo.

Also he’s great when teams are coming onto us and we are under pressure, but when they drop back and we have to break them open he’s not our best option.

But it’s a squad game with changes of line up to deal with the opposition as well as injuries and suspensions causing selection issues.

I think he’s a great member of the squad but this season he’s not an automatic definite first 11 selection.

Yes I agree with the above, since he has calmed dowm he isnt the same player, also for someone who has a great range of passing we dont seem to benefit from it like we do with Ledson.
Tricky one but im personally not that bothered when his name isnt on the team sheet these days.
However on his day he is one of the better players for sure.