PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Pearson

Beckford spoke very highly of Pearo on Saturday saying he could play in a top 6 premier league side.

Do we genuinely agree?
The way he's been playing the last few games yes he looks a Premiership player. But it's been just a handful of games this season he's been that good. I'd be surprised if top Premiership clubs would be interested.

The way he's been playing the last few games yes he looks a Premiership player. But it's been just a handful of games this season he's been that good. I'd be surprised if top Premiership clubs would be interested.
They won’t be
He is good but it’s all too easy to get caught up in watching a player week in and week out at the standard of the championship - legend status will be next !!
Suggesting he is top six standard is one heck of a leap - what’s the barometer that would make a top six club look at him ?
He hasn’t played at that standard at all in his career, if he doesn’t then we will never know but football is a fickle industry and likes more certainty than it ever has.
Plus the style of play in the premiership is far more dynamic and less forgiving hence when a team go up and stay up for a second season the squad all to often changes radically
All that said their loss is our gain

Hope we don’t see him in a top 6 side to find out; that realistically wouldn’t be with us.
I do think we’ll see how he performs against top 6 teams. If that’s with us, I think we have to go up this season.
Otherwise, with his growing confidence, newfound ability moving forwards & avoiding yellows every game plus increasing “talk” locally & now nationally, think he’d be gone.
And if he did go, I’d wish him all the best & regret our lost opportunity.

I can see him back at United you know if Solskjaer stays. It wouldn't surprise me if he was keeping an eye on his perfomances.

I genuinely believe that at the end of his career we will look back and realise how lucky we were to have seen him wear the famous white.

I can see him back at United you know if Solskjaer stays. It wouldn't surprise me if he was keeping an eye on his perfomances.

I genuinely believe that at the end of his career we will look back and realise how lucky we were to have seen him wear the famous white.
Probably
If they carry on as is we may pass them on the way down ??

No. I love pearo but no. But yes, a prem player soon enough.

J becks isn’t completely relaxed when doing his punditry, hence things slip out of his mouth in order to get through his sentences. He said scottys ball ball to pearo was fantastic or something, but it was just a little lay off, hence j becks came out with top 6 prem statement given he was slightly excitable in that moment, in my opinion

J becks - forever a pne legend though for what he did here!

PNE

And get 150 odd appearances out him or something, agreed.

Definitely Premier standard, but top six is pushing it, surely? Just a small criticism...does anyone else get the impression he doesn't think he's allowed to have a shot at goal himself, even when he's in position ?