PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Pele

He doesn’t even need to look
always wondered if Cruyff just tipped it as the best player ever or in that era ? either way a footballing legend and ambassador for the game

That was one hell of a Brazilian team….

The 1970 World Cup was the first one that I can properly remember… I loved it !!

Brazil were the stand out team but there were some other great games …

England lost to West Germany 3-2 in the QF after being 2-0 up with 20 mins left and then in the SF Italy beat West Germany 4-3 in a cracking end to end game….

In addition to Pele , Brazil had some other very good players : Jairzhino, Rivelino, Tostao etc etc

The 1970 World Cup was the first one that I can properly remember… I loved it !!

England lost to West Germany 3-2 in the QF after being 2-0 up with 20 mins left and then in the SF Italy beat West Germany 4-3 in a cracking end to end game….

In addition to Pele , Brazil had some other very good players : Jairzhino, Rivelino, Tostao etc etc
Many thought that England side were better than the '66 version.

So simple is football....If you have the acumen to pull it off......... RIP Sir.

I didnt know this

They should have had the Duke of Kent opening the NFM when it was transferred to Manchester.
No-one's explained how it got to be transferred, but there must have been the usual amount of Skullduggery & Backhanders / Brown Envelopes.
Sorry to take this off topic somewhat.