PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Permission Granted

Re: Permission for new stand

pneian17 said:
wouldnt that be very complicated and expensive. Also they wouldnt be able to get the planning peermission for it, we didnt this time for a 8,000 seater stadium, i dont see how it would change??

Nope. The whole idea of the TFS and the BSK was that they could easily build behind without disrupting the use of the stand and they made sure that when designing the stands that they could have their roofs removed. All they then have to do is increase the height of the floodlight pylons then tack the roof back on.

If you read the submission for this new stand it goes on about average attendances and what has to occur if we reach certain levels. If we ever got to building on top of the stands then we have bigger problems than the actual building of them!!! :eek:

We don't need more than 24,000 really. Thats more than Blackburn/Wigan/Bolton get isn't it. It would need an increase of 10,000 supporters, and we may get them for Cardiff but thats a lot for every game even in the prem, any more than that would be ludicrous. This way, if we get there we'll be near sell out a lot of the time, locking in the atmosphere.
I reckon it'll be near finish early May personally, but I'm no contracter. Also can we have the away supporters near the AKTE in that stand then, so we can get more atmosphere.

Denny

does anyone know whats goin on it, eg badge, face ect. I think just 'P.N.E' would look good, as there isnt as many seats as on the TF, any ideas????

A mate of mine has asked if it can be the "Steve Irwin" stand......:confused: :D

Re: Permission Granted

I will be mightly dissapointed if it isnt ready for the start of the 2007/08 season because if get our arse in gear this year i believe we could be a premier league team by then
A new era just begiining and a new stand to watch if all unfold from:)

Jolly said:
A mate of mine has asked if it can be the "Steve Irwin" stand......:confused: :D
I think that`s in very bad taste, nearly as bad as asking the club to play STINGRAY when the players run out. :D

glad to hear the final side of the ground is going to be completed. I can remember by first match at deepdale it was a night match vs bury and it was even before the tom finney was built, how weird it will be to see it all complete!

and above all i think the "you have only got three stands" chants were getting about tedious from away supporters!

on the capacity front I think that we would struggle to fill it in this league but its more incentive for us to get up

This 5OOO seat stand for a side bit sounds a bit small but whats wrong with the Pav it stops Deepdale looking like your bog standard subbuteo ground and if the ground is not full whats the point of extending it. If promotion is not gained this year and this stand is built then surely more players will be sold to pay for it. Surely the ground should be built after promotion as most monies come from TV then the stand would be easily paid for and the squad could still be improved.

schoolyd said:
This 5OOO seat stand for a side bit sounds a bit small but whats wrong with the Pav it stops Deepdale looking like your bog standard subbuteo ground and if the ground is not full whats the point of extending it. If promotion is not gained this year and this stand is built then surely more players will be sold to pay for it. Surely the ground should be built after promotion as most monies come from TV then the stand would be easily paid for and the squad could still be improved.
PNE dont pay for it...they are getting the money back through rent from the PCT! You sure your not number 1 texter to radio lancs?:rolleyes:

Simon G said:
PNE dont pay for it...they are getting the money back through rent from the PCT! You sure your not number 1 texter to radio lancs?:rolleyes:
excuse my ignorance but if they are getting the money back then surely they must be paying fot it

anyway whats Radio Lancs?

still think the Pav looks great

Deepdale Ducks Nephew said:
This isnt really the place to post on this topic or is involved with football but on saturday will there be a minute silence for Steve Irwin???Cant see it happening but i was just wonderin......

No I think they will just name the new stand after him

Seriously???Because i remember when a post was started ages ago on here about naming the new stand!! Ive always wanted it to be called the Invincebles Stand.....!Anyone got any others names for the stand????

Deepdale Ducks Nephew said:
Seriously???Because i remember when a post was started ages ago on here about naming the new stand!! Ive always wanted it to be called the Invincebles Stand.....!Anyone got any others names for the stand????

Maybe next season the away shorts will be of the khaki combat variety

crikey

Delighted about this news (no, not the Irwin bit).
Once the ground is complete, I think we'll be in a position to move onwards and upwards.

Tark said:
Delighted about this news (no, not the Irwin bit).

Dunno about you. But I quite liked Stingray. Marina was lovely.

07stingray.shtml

denny said:
We don't need more than 24,000 really. Thats more than Blackburn/Wigan/Bolton get isn't it. It would need an increase of 10,000 supporters, and we may get them for Cardiff but thats a lot for every game even in the prem, any more than that would be ludicrous. This way, if we get there we'll be near sell out a lot of the time, locking in the atmosphere.
Denny

Rovers got a paltry 19,400 against Chelsea-the League Champions....and only 22,000 against local rivals Everton for the first home game of the season. I'm sure NE could have bettered both of those gates but for the moment 24k is about right.

http://www.lep.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=75&ArticleID=1742525

Deepdale stand is delivered

Preston are aiming to start work on their new £6m-plus Pavilion Stand before the end of the year – and have it open for next season.
Deepdale officials were today celebrating planning approval.

But chairman Derek Shaw admitted: "We still have a long way to go before the bulldozers move in."

Councillors yesterday granted permission for the project, which incorporates a public health clinic attached to the 5,000-seater stand.

North End say they and their partners, the Primary Care Trust, now have to sit down to thrash out the final details
before contracts are signed and the work can get underway.

"It's tremendous news that planning permission has been given," said Shaw today.

"But there is still an awful lot of work to be done before things can start.

"Just because the council have given us the go ahead doesn't mean to say the demolition crews will be moving in just
yet.

"There are a lot of legal things to do now before we can get going.

"We would start tomorrow if we had the money in place and the lease signed. But these things take time."

Shaw admitted he was expecting the bulldozers would be in within a matter of weeks and work on completing the redevelopment of Deepdale would get underway before Christmas – a decade after it began with the opening of the Sir Tom Finney Stand.

North End hope to have fans sitting in the new Pavilion by the time next season kicks off.

"Without a doubt, that's what we would like," said Shaw.

"Hopefully we will have a superb four-sided stadium by next August.

"That is our aim. But we have to get things signed, sealed and delivered before we can shift a brick.

"There is no exact timescale at the moment.

"That will depend on how quickly we can get the paperwork done and get started.

"But we would like something to start on site before the end of the year. And hopefully it will be up and running by the start of next season."

The new stand, which will house executive boxes and hospitality suites, has been on the drawing board since the club completed its third side, the Alan Kelly Town End.

But a lack of finance, initially caused by the collapse of the ITV Digital deal, put the scheme on hold.

North End confessed only promotion to the Premiership – or the emergence of a wealthy benefactor – would provide the capital needed to complete the stadium.

But, after three near-misses in five seasons in the play-offs, a deal with PCT was struck this summer to go ahead with the scheme as a partnership, with income from a health clinic providing the funds needed to service a bank loan for the project.

"We have done an enormous amount of work along with our partners the PCT – hundreds of hours work – getting to where we are now," said Shaw.

"We have to push on now to get together and get the leases completed. We also have to finalise the deal with the bankers, who have been very much involved at every step of the way.

"All we were missing was one vital ingredient – planning
approval. And now that has been given we can move on.

"We can't say exactly when things will happen. But I can say it will be as soon as we can get everything together.

"We can't possibly do anything until we have got the signatures on the lease with the PCT. But they are very keen and very supportive, they want this scheme to happen just as much as we do."

Original estimates of cost put the new stand at around £5m.
But, while Shaw refuses to put a new figure on the work, he said today: "It is going to be more than that – certainly more than £6m.

"The old Pavilion Stand is an eyesore – an embarrassment. So is the old training ground. And the sooner they are both redeveloped, the better for everyone, especially the people who live around the ground."