PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Peter Clarke to Southend

simon81

Patron
Blackpool have sold their best player for a figure quoted at 250k (bargain). centre half only 24 but experienced, would have been a great signing. Blackpool fans are gutted

Re: Peter Clarke to Southend

simonnisbet said:
Blackpool have sold their best player for a figure quoted at 250k (bargain). centre half only 24 but experienced, would have been a great signing. Blackpool fans are gutted
theres a seperate forum for this you moron!! titled general football, not PNE DISCUSSIONS!!!!:D :D :D

Doesn't matter which forum this thread is on - he would have been a good signing, given the injury to Mawene.

Once again, PNE are found wanting when the pressure is on.

Seems to me that too many fans are prepared to accept the "but we aren't a big club" line that is peddled too often for my liking. Simpson didn't come into the club with that line, but a lot of fans are happy to accept that we can't sign a striker because they are too expensive. That sort of attitude will take us backwards towards obscurity.

Davis and Mears have been sold, against the wishes of the club, so why can't that cash be used constructively by reinvesting in the squad? They, too, have cost clubs big money and we COULD afford a sizeable fee for a striker, if we chose to. Maybe we will wait till Nugent is sold before we make a signing or two?

I think what Blackpool fans can`t get their heads round is...why Southend???
I know they are a division higher and the lad`s ambitious,but it seems a strange move, to a small club, at the other end of the country, who are probably going to struggle this season!
Some of their fans say that they have managed to hold onto all their best players(Eastwood),they have a bloke pumping a lot of money into the club now and they will be moving to a new stadium soon,so maybe those are the reasons Clarkey has decided to up sticks and head South!
It was obvious he would go-probably to a Championship club- at sometime,but THREE days before the season starts to lose your captain and to SOUTHEND for fecks sake,it hurts and doesn`t seem to make much sense.
I wish him all the best though he`s a good pro....

Why southend?!

It's a bigger club, better prospects and a HELL OF A LONG WAY from Cesspool!!!

WTW is right though, we should have had our finger on the pulse with this one. Too many seem to be slipping through the net.

preston till i die said:
It's a bigger club, better prospects and a HELL OF A LONG WAY from Cesspool!!!

Predictable shyte!
Bigger club?...you`re having a laugh.
Better prospects?...they`re a division higher...for the moment.They have a new investor(apparently) and are moving to a new ground,'sometime' in the future.We have a new investor too.
Clarkey lives in Southport,where he comes from.Now he`s moving his family 250 miles South.How many Southerners are reluctant to make the journey North?! Northern clubs are constantly knocked back by soft Southern barstewards who don`t want to relocate in the North!
It`s a strange move to say the least and imo he could have done much better for himself.

satsuma said:
Predictable shyte!
Bigger club?...you`re having a laugh.
Better prospects?...they`re a division higher...for the moment.They have a new investor(apparently) and are moving to a new ground,'sometime' in the future.We have a new investor too.
Clarkey lives in Southport,where he comes from.Now he`s moving his family 250 miles South.How many Southerners are reluctant to make the journey North?! Northern clubs are constantly knocked back by soft Southern barstewards who don`t want to relocate in the North!
It`s a strange move to say the least and imo he could have done much better for himself.

I agree. He should of waited for a better move. I think he got scared that nobody else would come in for him so he just took the first offer. Should of waited a bit longer I think.