Petition for fans to be allowed back into stadiums

oliharg

Manager
Here is a petition that is being posted around Twitter, for the government to allow fans back in as football without fans is nothing.

I do hope this kind of thing is allowed on PNE Online, as it is a petition, but I hope you all share the same agreement as this petition.

djwoody

Manager
Not while I can't see mum for a brew and weddings are restricted to 15. Football is way down the pecking order. Ridiculous that Albert Hall is planning an event with 2,500 and O2 arena plannig for 4,700 before Christmas. So many inconsistencies and they wonder why people are frustrated...

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
Not while I can't see mum for a brew and weddings are restricted to 15. Football is way down the pecking order. Ridiculous that Albert Hall is planning an event with 2,500 and O2 arena plannig for 4,700 before Christmas. So many inconsistencies and they wonder why people are frustrated...

But it’s not just inconsistent, it’s plain wrong to allow arts venues, indoors, to have spectators but not football stadiums. I would maybe agree with your view if all events were behind closed doors but our esteemed leaders are picking and choosing which sectors to support. The arts has received over a billion pounds in aid and are allowed to have people in their venues, whilst elite sport gets no aid and nothing in gate receipts.

homer

Reserve
You can see your mum for a brew, it's just illegal :) - lots of families are ignoring the rules and as long as it's not too obvious then nothing will happen about it. You just need to manage it so there is minimal risk to you and your mum. Also with a bit of inventiveness you can legally get round the 15 rule for weddings - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/drive-in-wedding-bypasses-guest-limit-lqlwbj7dj. 250 guests at a wedding but all in their cars.

But yes I would agree that its ridiculous that we can have indoor events with audiences but not outdoor ones, that are much safer.

Victorthesecond

Youth Team
Well, I've signed and shared with a bunch of contacts. But, I don't think Boris will let us as he's so bothered about people rocking up to grounds en-masse, arriving all at once and travelling in crowds.