PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Petition for fans to be allowed back into stadiums

It’s the correct decision.... what I don’t understand is why Blackpool and Blackburn are classed as separate to Lancashire and listed as stand alone places ??

Why is it correct? Cases are falling relatively substantially - both in terms of total numbers and percentages - and to put Lancashire in tier 3 will finish businesses and result in mass unemployment. Compare us to London and their exponential growth and anyone can see who the Tories favour.

The fact they are doing all they are doing; fraud, cronyism, blatant favouritism without as much of a whimper from most of the the press is an absolute disgrace.

Why is it correct? Cases are falling relatively substantially - both in terms of total numbers and percentages - and to put Lancashire in tier 3 will finish businesses and result in mass unemployment. Compare us to London and their exponential growth and anyone can see who the Tories favour.

The fact they are doing all they are doing; fraud, cronyism, blatant favouritism without as much of a whimper from most of the the press is an absolute disgrace.
Haven't LCC and Burnham actively requested/supported tier 3?

LCC requested tier 3 for Preston and East Lancashire and tier 2 for the rest of Lancashire.
Yes, but my comment was in response to blaming central gov for slamming everyone into tier 3.

There has been remarkable conformance (or is it just quiet resignation?) today.

It’s not just about the number of cases though, it also takes into account the number of hospital beds available....

It’s not just about the number of cases though, it also takes into account the number of hospital beds available....

It's this and possibly also that, whilst falling the baseline numbers of infections are higher than in other areas where the rate is still going up.

Wasn't part of the reason why the north has been so badly hit by the second wave, that they ended the first lockdown when it was appropriate for the situation in London and the south but too early for the north, leaving the number of infections over the summer at a comparatively higher level?

That‘s only a small part of the issue. And the only reason we have less capacity in hospitals is solely down to under investment in our area, there’s no getting away from the fact we’ve been royally shafted by an incompetent government.

I think thats falling on deaf ears.

No it’s not and to say otherwise is utterly misrepresenting what I said. As I said elsewhere, unless we have full information about why the decisions have been made with full statistics, how can we judge the decision? Hancock’s statement and the accompanying text is glib and full of generalisations and to state the NHS is under pressure isn‘t the full story. It’s under pressure every year unfortunately and the most recent figures stated it isn't in an unusually bad position.

This decision is going to destroy businesses and livelihoods unnecessarily and drive individuals into a situation were they are breaking the law and having household get togethers, drinking sessions etc. Add that to the Christmas free for all and everything is going to be happening in a totally uncontrolled manner and make things worse. If they think we’ve got a lot of over 60s with the virus now, just wait until they’ve all been visited by grandchildren. It’s utterly incompetent.

It’s the correct decision.... what I don’t understand is why Blackpool and Blackburn are classed as separate to Lancashire and listed as stand alone places ??
It might be the correct decision "in your opinion" Ando, In mine, it would be the wrong decision. If London remains in a lower Tier than most of the North, there WILL be a public outcry, and rightly so.

It might be the correct decision "in your opinion" Ando, In mine, it would be the wrong decision. If London remains in a lower Tier than most of the North, there WILL be a public outcry, and rightly so.
Yeah, I wrote that 2 weeks ago HC and I agree with you about London.... in the “ league table “ of regions we are now 8 out of 9 when it comes to the number of cases....

I would hope that we get put back in Tier 2 but I’m not sure... I don’t think Boris will change us given that the Xmas lockdown is just a week away...

Yeah, I wrote that 2 weeks ago HC and I agree with you about London.... in the “ league table “ of regions we are now 8 out of 9 when it comes to the number of cases....

I would hope that we get put back in Tier 2 but I’m not sure... I don’t think Boris will change us given that the Xmas lockdown is just a week away...
Before lockdown 2 the north west had several boroughs in the worst 20. Currently it has none. The worst areas are in London and the south east.

Ha Ha, to be honest, i hadn't noticed your post was from 2 weeks ago. Sorry about that 😅

Bad news.

There won't be 2000 there to boo them any time soon, we are staying in tier 3.