Phillip Schofield

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
1) The fact that someone being who they are is still headline news in this day in age

2) The fact that my second thought was which shitty tabloid was preparing to out him at the weekend...no idea if one was but it's just the fact I can have an immediate suspicion that it was the reason behind his decision. Sad times

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
1) The fact that someone being who they are is still headline news in this day in age

2) The fact that my second thought was which shitty tabloid was preparing to out him at the weekend...no idea if one was but it's just the fact I can have an immediate suspicion that it was the reason behind his decision. Sad times
Said it was his own decision but you do wonder.

I suppose the irony is that he started off presenting on BBC in a closet.

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner

What's gone on with the silver fox here. Bloodyhell

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
Look at this shit, they're acting like he's got a terminal illness, this is literally going to ruin twitter for the day.
What the ****. I thought he might've had a Terminal illness aswel.... He came out as gay. So what... Poor wife... She'll think she turned him gay

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
If he was having it away with another woman hed be universally condemned, hes having it away with another bloke so hes a hero!

funny old world, infidelity is infidelity.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
If he was having it away with another woman hed be universally condemned, hes having it away with another bloke so hes a hero!

Where does it state that he is having an affair? He said this wasn't the case.

Fair play on coming out. Even in this day and age, it takes guts.

mickb

First Team

where has it been reported that "he's been having it away with another bloke"?

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
I've no problem with this and doubt any other reasonable person will either. It will be difficult for him and his wife - especially so for her.
But...
Why does he say this 'Today, quite rightly, being gay is a reason to celebrate and be proud.'

I don't think so Philip. We should be very proud that society is moving on from a time when people couldn't be openly gay and choose to love whichever adult they chose and we should definitely celebrate that BUT being gay is no more a reason for pride and celebration than me being heterosexual or having two legs or ten fingers or 20/20 vision. It is absolutely natural and THAT'S the point!

OP
J

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
I've no problem with this and doubt any other reasonable person will either. It will be difficult for him and his wife - especially so for her.
But...
Why does he say this 'Today, quite rightly, being gay is a reason to celebrate and be proud.'

I don't think so Philip. We should be very proud that society is moving on from a time when people couldn't be openly gay and choose to love whichever adult they chose and we should definitely celebrate that BUT being gay is no more a reason for pride and celebration than me being heterosexual or having two legs or ten fingers or 20/20 vision. It is absolutely natural and THAT'S the point!
Massively disrespectful of people from Burnley. Bigot. Reported