Pitch

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
well firstly looks amazing.
E6rLjp_XMAMgcw3

but have the shortened the Pitch on all sides?

sports rehab

Forum Patron
Patron
To be honest as far as I can remember, Deepdale has always had a beautiful pitch. One thing I am genuinely proud of is our playing surface over the years.. even after losing our last great groundsmen we've done a fantastic job.
I thought Pete Ashy...was still the groundsman and it was his No 2 that left ?

Pete was certainly the groundsman when I scattered my mums ashes on the pitch in 2013.

OP
FootballcrazyP_

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Meanwhile the Groundsman and his staff are hard at work down at Bloomers. They’re saying the pitch hasn’t looked this good since the day they lost 3-1 to the mighty Wigan, in one of several defeats they suffered in their best trip they’ve been on.

View attachment 4243
Taking pictures of their training ground whilst they training, could open us up Spygate accusations.

Malcy16

First Team
Deepdale pitch has always been spot on for as long as I can remember.
The only other time I've seen it bad was when I came home from studying abroad for a year and went to a game towards the end of the season in league one. Think someone mentioned that the reason it looked in bad shape was because Westley had got the team training on it to try and improve our home form? Might be chatting rubbish but I think that was the case

sports rehab

Forum Patron
Patron
Deepdale pitch has always been spot on for as long as I can remember.
The only other time I've seen it bad was when I came home from studying abroad for a year and went to a game towards the end of the season in league one. Think someone mentioned that the reason it looked in bad shape was because Westley had got the team training on it to try and improve our home form? Might be chatting rubbish but I think that was the case
Yes you are correct.....Westley was keen to make the pitch rougher so opposition teams couldnt 'out football' us on it.... didnt work!

I understand our pitch has always been very good since the plastic experiment. Due to all the sand and drainage laid for plastic that was still in place when we relayed grass the drainage of the current pitch is far better than it was before the plastic era.....

I've never fear about Deepdale games being postponed for waterlogged pitches since that period...

royribble

Forum Patron
Patron
I seem to remember Simon Grayson saying he had the pitch narrowed before the playoff final against Swindon to match the width dimentions of Wembley. I could be wrong but I got that from somewhere.

Personally, I would like it to be as wide as before (if indeed it was narrowed) to enable us to use the width with our pacey "wingers" or wingbacks.

Motion Man

Forum Patron
Patron
Don’t think there’s much change in pitch size since last season but I seem to think the playing surface was closer to the stands 3 or so years ago - need to look at those old vids !

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
To be honest as far as I can remember, Deepdale has always had a beautiful pitch. One thing I am genuinely proud of is our playing surface over the years.. even after losing our last great groundsmen we've done a fantastic job.
The only time I remember it below par for any period of time was when Westley used it for training.
Otherwise pristine.