PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Plastics Prices

What's wrong with charging £36?

Isn't it just showing ambition? PNE fans moan about not signing expensive forwards like Armstrong and Brereton (if you pay transfer fees you also have to pay commensurate wages) but then expect to continue to pay amongst the lowest ticket prices in the Championship. Even then PNE only sells 3,000 full price STs.

Look at Leeds season before last, 34,000 gates and tickets £40 and upwards, even Wednesday was £38 minimum, and 17,000 ST holders.

Clear a number of PNE followers want it all ways, they want cheap tickets but have expectations they are not prepared to pay for themselves.
------
Wow

Fuck them yes I will pay more for trips to like Fulham but that’s a day out or a stay in London overnight . Blackburn can piss off £36 pound for a championship game is to much for any game and as long as fans pay it nothing will change . 🤬

When opposition supporters (even Blackburn and Blackpool supporters) come to Deepdale, they are charged a very fair price, given the whole of a great stand, treated properly before and after the match by officials and the police. As a PNE fan I am proud of the above. If I was a Blackburn fan I would be both disappointed and embarrassed at my club for treating local rivals this way.

Isn't it just showing ambition? PNE fans moan about not signing expensive forwards like Armstrong and Brereton (if you pay transfer fees you also have to pay commensurate wages) but then expect to continue to pay amongst the lowest ticket prices in the Championship. Even then PNE only sells 3,000 full price STs.

Look at Leeds season before last, 34,000 gates and tickets £40 and upwards, even Wednesday was £38 minimum, and 17,000 ST holders.

Clear a number of PNE followers want it all ways, they want cheap tickets but have expectations they are not prepared to pay for themselves.
------
Because football is meant to be a community. A sport for all
not a cashcow
based on your point why is there a £30 cap in the promised land you speak of when mentioning ambition
lets do some sums
£6 extra give or take
average 1500 fans per game = £9000
23 away games = £207,000 per season
price of a good striker at £9 million will take 43 seasons to save up for
genius and so well worth it 😉

Last edited:

------

Patronising bollocks.

Prices should be reciprocated.

For example, Fulham charge us £25, then we charge their fans the same, Blackburn charge us £36, then we charge them the same, Reading charge us £20, then we charge them the same, etc etc.

Fairest way imo.

Treat those clubs well who treat us well and stuff those clubs who don't give a stuff about our fans (and it would appear their own away fans if you think about it).

Supply and demand. They’ll charge the maximum they think people will pay.
Is this not exactly the same as holiday companies profiteering in school holiday times? Or regional pricing for fuel? Or any other plethora of businesses that change prices on a seasonal basis?

And no, I won’t be paying that much... just so they can afford to buy 4 more letters for on Brereton’s shirt.

We should be Charging £36 for the Bill Shankly for Cat A Games. And the way round it, is home fans that have attended 5 Cat B Games, get to reduce Cat A to Cat B. No home fan over charged.

Surely if we have double vaccinated 75-85% of adults by then we should surely be looking at some kind of return to normality?

42% of patients with Covid in ICU in Preston and Chorley have had both doses, though it's not clear whether they had had the 2nd dose at least 2 weeks before contracting it (LEP today).

You are living in a fantasy world Edgington if you think professional football in this country is a community, a sport for all. Really? I am sure fans identify with ordinary players on a £1m and more a year , directors (like at Burnley) copping £50m each (or whatever it was). Professional football in this country ceased to be a predominantly working class sport years ago as fans became priced out...contrast it with the Bundesliga where fans can watch a top flight game for 12 Euros.

Why a £30 cap in the Prem? Simple, not a single one need charge a fan a penny...every game could be free and every club would still make £millions profit. Prem clubs don't need it. Outside the Prem clubs do......I've no sympathy for Rovers plight, they owe over £156m in debts and loans and would have been facing a FFP charge had Venky's not twice bought shares to cover the loss exceeding £5m. If the banks call in the loans they are going the same way as Bury.

But it's not as if Rovers are treating away supporters any differently to their own..they are not. This is against EFL rules when offering the same facility.

And your mathematical reasoning is wrong. Quite a number of clubs have upped their ticket prices...the Covid impact...because they have significant cash flow problems and the thinking is that fans seeing the match day prices will opt for STs so the clubs get the cash in at the start of the season when they need it . You are also wrong in just counting the the average number of away fans..because the home fans are also being charged the same increase. Granted the full increase is not entirely reflected in ST prices but if you call it an average £5 per match increase and multiply by 13,000 (actual average is higher) this gives a near extra £1.5m a year, enough to pay two first team players wages.
------
Fulwood , I take it your articulate well considered response refers to your user name...although shouldn't there be a 'Bell' in the middle of it?

42% of patients with Covid in ICU in Preston and Chorley have had both doses, though it's not clear whether they had had the 2nd dose at least 2 weeks before contracting it (LEP today).
So what the hell do we do long term? If these vaccines aren't working then what? Lockdowns forever? Something will have to give at some point.

Not the convo for this thread though. Sorry for the derail

You are living in a fantasy world Edgington if you think professional football in this country is a community, a sport for all. Really? I am sure fans identify with ordinary players on a £1m and more a year , directors (like at Burnley) copping £50m each (or whatever it was). Professional football in this country ceased to be a predominantly working class sport years ago as fans became priced out...contrast it with the Bundesliga where fans can watch a top flight game for 12 Euros.

Why a £30 cap in the Prem? Simple, not a single one need charge a fan a penny...every game could be free and every club would still make £millions profit. Prem clubs don't need it. Outside the Prem clubs do......I've no sympathy for Rovers plight, they owe over £156m in debts and loans and would have been facing a FFP charge had Venky's not twice bought shares to cover the loss exceeding £5m. If the banks call in the loans they are going the same way as Bury.

But it's not as if Rovers are treating away supporters any differently to their own..they are not. This is against EFL rules when offering the same facility.

And your mathematical reasoning is wrong. Quite a number of clubs have upped their ticket prices...the Covid impact...because they have significant cash flow problems and the thinking is that fans seeing the match day prices will opt for STs so the clubs get the cash in at the start of the season when they need it . You are also wrong in just counting the the average number of away fans..because the home fans are also being charged the same increase. Granted the full increase is not entirely reflected in ST prices but if you call it an average £5 per match increase and multiply by 13,000 (actual average is higher) this gives a near extra £1.5m a year, enough to pay two first team players wages.
------
Fulwood , I take it your articulate well considered response refers to your user name...although shouldn't there be a 'Bell' in the middle of it?

Very amusing.

You don't half paint a miserable picture about football, football clubs and basically you attempt to sap any enjoyment or hope there is for the sport we love.

Assuming you work for Trevor or at least a very good friend I'm assuming you are an accountant because you certainly do not seem to be a football fan.

What you are doing is legitimising a football club from a working class town which has suffered more than most during the past 18 months charging its fans and away fans from another local city £36.

That can't be legitimately excused, it's outrageous and if everyone was like you there would be no one bothering anyway.

So what the hell do we do long term? If these vaccines aren't working then what? Lockdowns forever? Something will have to give at some point.

Not the convo for this thread though. Sorry for the derail
Couldn’t agree more, sick to death of Covid bad news. How many of that 42% actually caught Covid whilst they were in bloody hospital? About a third according to Lancs Live. !

Couldn’t agree more, sick to death of Covid bad news. How many of that 42% actually caught Covid whilst they were in bloody hospital? About a third according to Lancs Live. !
So many factors. How many got sick before the 2-3 week protection period. How many have co-morbidities? How many are not likely to be alive much longer irrespective of covid?

But yes agreed sick to death of covid and any news related to it. I want my fecking life back

------
Ok

Whatever you charge away fans, you've got to reciprocate for home fans of the other side.

Those stuck in the opposite end to us will also be paying a one-off ticket price of £36. Same as if we bump Town End tickets up to £30 this season, it'll be the same for away fans at that point.

It stinks but that's modern day football.