PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Player ratings.

HunterLionheart

Patron
Rudd- 7. Don't think he was at fault for any of the goals, looked confident and caught crosses.
Fisher- 6. Our best defender, and added width to the attacks. Dominated at the back post for their opener.
Hughes- 6. Mediocre performance, got forward a little but looked slow.
Bauer- 5. Solid first half, but his immobility was a liability for 2 of their goals.
Davies- 5. Gave away the free kick that led to their opener, dragged out of position for the second, deflected off him for the third. Day to forget for Ben.
Pearson- 7. Good game from him, won tackles showed energy, retained possession.
Browne- 5. Ineffective in the middle, couldn't get his foot on the ball. Driving run in the build up to our goal. Got forward when moved to right back, decent crossing.
Johnson- 7. Pressed well, worked hard, sloppy in possession, gave the ball away a lot. Good finish for his goal.
Barkhuizen- 5. Blew his early chance. Couldn't get at his full back enough. First player subbed.
Sinclair- 6. Showed intent on the ball and tried to be positive, should have had a penalty. Faded out of the game.
Stockley- 5. Didn't win much in the air. Didn't have a sniff at goal. Had a couple of useful layoffs, but lost his battles.

Gallagher, Maguire, Potts- 5
Nugent, Harrop- 4
All had minimal impact. Nugent and Harrop both missed great chances though.

Rudd - 7
Fisher - 7
Bauer - 5
Davies - 5
Hughes - 5
Pearson - 6
Browne - 3
Barkhuizen - 4
Johnson - 6
Sinclair - 6
Stockley - 4

Pearson 8 first half, probably a 5 in the second.

I bloody missed Nugents chance due to the thunder storm playing havoc for around 5 minutes with my SKY Dish / Box. Had no picture. Meant I missed their 3rd goal.

Rudd 6

Fisher 6
Bauer 4
Davies 5
Hughes 5

Pearson 7
Browne 5

Barkhuizen 5
DJ 5
Sinclair 5

Stockley 2

Subs:
Maguire 6
Gallagher 5
Harrop 4
Nugent 4
Potts 4

Rudd - 6 - Didn't do much wrong but didn't really do anything well either, should've done better for the 2nd and possibly being harsh but gotten a stronger touch on the 3rd
Fisher - 6 - Solid defending outside the box and just about good enough going forward but awful 9 times out of 10 when defending in his own box and especially far post headers
Hughes - 5 - Very slow but somewhat solid I guess, limited going forward and didn't cover himself in glory defensively
Bauer - 4 - Decent first half but was exposed for being a bit of a lump twice for the last two goals, worst performance for us as of yet imo
Davies - 5 - Didn't really put in a performance of any note, did more sideways and backwards passes than actual defending
Pearson - 7 - Only player to come away with any credit. Fought well, tried to move play forward when possible and tackled smartly
Browne - 5 - Ineffective today when played in what should be his best position, better when moved to right back where he could drive into space but crosses were lofted chips rather than driven with pace for players to attack
Johnson - 7 - Showed energy and closed down good enough, not the best day for him on the ball, tried to get us going but even the SAS couldn't get us moving today. Took his goal well
Barkhuizen - 4/5 - Would've usually tested the keeper, but other than that, I can't actually remember him being on the pitch
Sinclair - 6 - Tried too hard to drive us forward, one of the brighter attacking players today, as said before, unlucky to not get a penalty
Stockley - 3 - What was even the point of playing him? Usually defend Stockley but he's a big, big lad and when challenged in the air only won one or two duels out of what seemed like 20? Poor, poor performance

Subs
Gallagher, Potts - 5 - Effort without output
Nugent, Harrop - 4 - How they both manage to miss arguably the two easiest chances of the day is mind boggling
Maguire - 6 - willing runner who tried to get in behind the defence several times, should've been up top instead of Stockley to get in behind two big, not the quickest defenders. Played his part in the goal

Rudd 7

Fisher 6
Bauer 4
Davies 4
Hughes 5

Browne 3
Pearson 7
Johnson 6

Barkhuizen 5
Stockley 3
Sinclair 5

Subs.....can't be arsed....all shit.

Rudd - 7
Fisher - 7
Bauer - 5
Davies - 5
Hughes - 5
Pearson - 6
Browne - 3
Barkhuizen - 4
Johnson - 6
Sinclair - 6
Stockley - 4

Pearson 8 first half, probably a 5 in the second.
Think your being kind to Fisher there,he could have done much better for thier first goal

Rudd - 7
Fisher - 6
Bauer - 4
Davies - 4
Hughes - 3
Pearson - 7
Browne - 1
Barkhuizen - 3
Johnson - 6
Sinclair - 6
Stockley - 4

Nugent - 2
Harrop - 2
Maguire - 7
Potts - 5
Gallagher - 4

Yeah, defending the backpost at set pieces is not his strong point but balanced out by the fact he offered more going forward than our attackers for most of the game.
Yeah he was rusty today, but he still stands out as one of our best players.

End product wasn’t quite there but even if it was, we still wouldn’t score anyway

Yeah he was rusty today, but he still stands out as one of our best players.

End product wasn’t quite there but even if it was, we still wouldn’t score anyway

He was quality. Him and Pearson were the only two who looked like top championship players.

I’m never happy to concede, but they put a good cross in and Fisher was beaten in the air. Fair enough. By comparison, the other two goals were appalling.

Fact is apart from Pearson and Fisher, maybe Barkhuizen (in his headless chicken way) we were awful. Browne was the worst, Bauer lost his mind at crucial moments and Stockley is hopelessly shit.

He was quality. Him and Pearson were the only two who looked like top championship players.

I’m never happy to concede, but they put a good cross in and Fisher was beaten in the air. Fair enough. By comparison, the other two goals were appalling.

Fact is apart from Pearson and Fisher, maybe Barkhuizen (in his headless chicken way) we were awful. Browne was the worst, Bauer lost his mind at crucial moments and Stockley is hopelessly shit.

Yeah I just don't get the clamour for Stockley. Maybe it's because of the frustration about Maguire not scoring, people think we should change it up.

He's way out of his depth in this league. Blackburn game aside, I can't remember the last time he had a good game, or even looked okay. Neil gave him some starts late November/early December and we lost all the games to nil.

He's slow, bad in the air and ends up on the ground a lot for a big lad, always moaning at the referee as well.

Rudd - 6 - Didn't do much wrong but didn't really do anything well either, should've done better for the 2nd and possibly being harsh but gotten a stronger touch on the 3rd
Fisher - 6 - Solid defending outside the box and just about good enough going forward but awful 9 times out of 10 when defending in his own box and especially far post headers
Hughes - 5 - Very slow but somewhat solid I guess, limited going forward and didn't cover himself in glory defensively
Bauer - 4 - Decent first half but was exposed for being a bit of a lump twice for the last two goals, worst performance for us as of yet imo
Davies - 5 - Didn't really put in a performance of any note, did more sideways and backwards passes than actual defending
Pearson - 7 - Only player to come away with any credit. Fought well, tried to move play forward when possible and tackled smartly
Browne - 5 - Ineffective today when played in what should be his best position, better when moved to right back where he could drive into space but crosses were lofted chips rather than driven with pace for players to attack
Johnson - 7 - Showed energy and closed down good enough, not the best day for him on the ball, tried to get us going but even the SAS couldn't get us moving today. Took his goal well
Barkhuizen - 4/5 - Would've usually tested the keeper, but other than that, I can't actually remember him being on the pitch
Sinclair - 6 - Tried too hard to drive us forward, one of the brighter attacking players today, as said before, unlucky to not get a penalty
Stockley - 3 - What was even the point of playing him? Usually defend Stockley but he's a big, big lad and when challenged in the air only won one or two duels out of what seemed like 20? Poor, poor performance

Subs
Gallagher, Potts - 5 - Effort without output
Nugent, Harrop - 4 - How they both manage to miss arguably the two easiest chances of the day is mind boggling
Maguire - 6 - willing runner who tried to get in behind the defence several times, should've been up top instead of Stockley to get in behind two big, not the quickest defenders. Played his part in the goal
Rudd? You are suggesting that keepers should now be expected to save 1 on 1s (second goal) and predict deflections (third goal).....expect that you think gordon banks should held onto pele’s header in the world cup...

Yeah I just don't get the clamour for Stockley. Maybe it's because of the frustration about Maguire not scoring, people think we should change it up.

He's way out of his depth in this league. Blackburn game aside, I can't remember the last time he had a good game, or even looked okay. Neil gave him some starts late November/early December and we lost all the games to nil.

He's slow, bad in the air and ends up on the ground a lot for a big lad, always moaning at the referee as well.

He's a useful option off the bench at best.

That said, he's obviously only going to thrive from consistent crosses into the six yard box, which he doesn't get.

Do we have the worst delivery from out wide in the division?