Players dont care...

Rankine

First Team
We all looked forward to football returning, a bit of normality after the covid lockdown, many fans will have lost loved ones, many will of lost their jobs so many lives changed beyond anything they thought possible at the start of the year.

But the one thing we all had to cling onto was a passion for our club and the unity the restart of football would give us as fans.

Unfortunately the players dont see it the way us fans do, just take the money and not give a shit, today's performance was a disgrace from those who wore the shirt and if none of them are here next season to wear it again I wouldn't give a shit.....

I think they do care and will be very disappointed but there is something not right behind the scenes its like the players have lost respect of the management and owner

york white

Manager
Harsh. They do care. If anything our players are too "nice" - for last 10 years we have prided ourselves on signing players of good character. Which is laudable.

However, I'm starting to wonder if nice guys win nothing. Do we need a few arseholes in there who want to win and push the squad on? A Foriestieri on a free (delusional pay cut accepted, but you get what I mean).

taxipete1

First Team
I hope they bloody care because they've been getting fully paid through all this when many players at other clubs have been shafted. Hope we're not returning to the Chaplow, Carter and Mellor days, now that would be worrying.

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
They do care and most of the players run themselves into the ground whenever they are selected.

They seem to lack self-belief and lose confidence quickly. 1 loss always seems to spiral into 3 or 4 in a row.

A large section of the squad also lack quality, especially our strikers who shouldn’t be playing at this level. It’s not their fault that they’re here and they were signed though.

All our best teams in the last 20 years have been like this. Good set of lads. Hard-working. Great team spirit. Good manager. But that extra bit of quality that’s required is never added to the group. Then it all starts to unravel.

Schemer

Advisor to the Owner
Harsh. They do care. If anything our players are too "nice" - for last 10 years we have prided ourselves on signing players of good character. Which is laudable.

However, I'm starting to wonder if nice guys win nothing. Do we need a few arseholes in there who want to win and push the squad on? A Foriestieri on a free (delusional pay cut accepted, but you get what I mean).
It's not a******** we need, it's some flair - a Fuller, a McGeady, who can conjure a goal from nothing, get the crowd on their feet. Easier said on our budget, I know.

york white

Manager
It's not a******** we need, it's some flair - a Fuller, a McGeady, who can conjure a goal from nothing, get the crowd on their feet. Easier said on our budget, I know.
If you don't think McGeady isn't an arsehole.. ....
What we need though. Like Tomlin when he came on. Great player but completely out of our mould. Just think we need a bit of a change. Crap in training but different beast come game day.

taxipete1

First Team
Spot on, we're a bunch of 'tryers' but they dont get you on your feet. We badly need some inspiration, thought Sinclair might be it but sadly not.

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
I agree to an extent but we’ve had flair over the years and it didn’t bring success.

It was leaders like Moyes, Wilcox, Davey, Bryson , Gregan, Jackson and TC that achieved that.

taxipete1

First Team
I agree to an extent but we’ve had flair over the years and it didn’t bring success.

It was leaders like Moyes, Wilcox, Davey, Bryson , Gregan, Jackson and TC that achieved that.
We could've done with TC today. Got some great players in Pearson, Johnson and Davies but not leaders as you say, very 'soft centred'.

Schemer

Advisor to the Owner

You certainly need leaders, too (and arguably we are also lacking in that department), but players like Fuller, Lewis, McGeady, Nugent in his prime, can turn a game with a moment of brilliance.

I know many 'flair' players are inconsistent and prone to go missing. I suppose what I am saying is we need more quality. As I've said earlier, we don't have any really poor players, we have a lot of average, hardworking players and a few with quality - but we need more, especially in the forward positions.

Schemer

Advisor to the Owner
If you don't think McGeady isn't an arsehole.. ....
What we need though. Like Tomlin when he came on. Great player but completely out of our mould. Just think we need a bit of a change. Crap in training but different beast come game day.
To be honest, I don't know, but I'd be surprised if he was as bad as some make out, due to the fact that Grayson signed him and Alex Neil was apparently interested in bringing him back to Deepdale. I doubt either Grayson or Neil would tolerate a player whose attitude would be so bad as to be disruptive.

Good players with natural ability don't need to be told how to play football.

It comes naturally to those that have the ability and composure to exhurt themselves.

You've either got it or you haven't.

When you have it, the game flows but you need similar players around you.

This is why Pearson will not be a PNE player next season.

He will excel at a bigger club.

looking at The squad as others have eluded to, we are missing game changers. That bit of flair or skill players that gets fans off there seats. a Fuller, Lewis and mcgeady being prime examples. ( even big claude come to that)

organisation only gets you so far, there’s a need now to have a look further afield. Ipswich years ago did it with lower league Dutch players, swansea, wigan and now Leeds used Spanish for that flash of skill that makes the difference.

time to expand the clubs horizons.

ZeusHam

Manager
Some very good points made & I totally agree. We need more of an ‘edge’ to our game. What player has a bit of a nasty streak, a bit of a chip on their shoulder? Mr Pearson! If we had more with his attitude, we’d be a stronger side. Same with Fisher to a certain extent. Maybe a case for Ledson to get more game time, but his issue is a bit shotgun approach & less controlled aggression...