PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Players' salaries

I wonder how accurate this is (Taken from a link on the Bristol City MB):

The figures quoted may or may not be correct, but the attached details what other clubs are supposedly paying; bearing in mind that the article was printed last April and quotes figures from even further back. How accurate they are is anyone’s guess, but if they are anywhere near correct it shows what we are up against:-

Mr Patel at our corner shop once told me the moon is made of cream cheese and he once played polo with Prince Charles
I know nothing about the polo claim but as far as the moon is concerned he’s a fibber. If it was made of cream cheese messrs Armstrong and Co. would have come a cropper and The Eagle would have got got stuck for ever. We all know it’s made of Lancashire cheese (tasty not crumbly of course) thus allowing them to land their Lunar Modules safely, walk around, drive their buggies and even play golf before returning to Earth.

When SS came to us, it was rumoured he was on 47k a week, until the end of the season - Celtic picked up the bulk.

Rumour he's on 17-19k at now.

A lot more than most, but I really wouldn't know or care to guess...

I have to say IF Neil was correct in his implications recently

I am very surprised Uncle Trevor ‘puts up with it’

Not the person I was led to believe in his earlier days

Perhaps he has mellowed with age

When SS came to us, it was rumoured he was on 47k a week, until the end of the season - Celtic picked up the bulk.

Rumour he's on 17-19k at now.

A lot more than most, but I really wouldn't know or care to guess...

I think there is a lot of rumour there, probably by people who haven’t got a clue.

Personally I think that wages are just used as a stick to beat SS with.

Like you say WFG it doesn’t matter to us has long as he does the business on the pitch.

Can you explain?
Not exactly sure what you want me to explain

I was just saying that people I know who were employed by him when he was in House Building say he ran a 'tight ship' and expected a ‘fair days work’
He doesn’t seem to be getting it at the moment for more than a ‘fair days pay’

Well what we could get anyway

Even £2000 a week is obscene for doing something Tom Finney said he'd do for nothing. I blame Jimmy Hill. 😒

Overall Wagebill is in the accounts, and it’s a fkin lot. It averages out at a ridiculous amount per player. I was surprised.