PLEASE HELP!!! LEP - Removing Adverts?

SiYSC

First Team
Sorry to put this in the PNE forum - not really sure where else it should go. Move it, Mods if you need to.

Question: How can I stop the LEP site from wasting my life with adverts - especially that unbelievably annoying banner that drops down over every page, allowing me to read maybe 2 sentences at a time? They've got wise to AdBlock.

(I get they need to make their money somehow but come on, I need to be able to read the bloody words they write!!!)

Thanks in advance from anyone more technically gifted than I, which is to say everyone.

bigalex

Reserve
Sorry to put this in the PNE forum - not really sure where else it should go. Move it, Mods if you need to.

Question: How can I stop the LEP site from wasting my life with adverts - especially that unbelievably annoying banner that drops down over every page, allowing me to read maybe 2 sentences at a time? They've got wise to AdBlock.

(I get they need to make their money somehow but come on, I need to be able to read the bloody words they write!!!)

Thanks in advance from anyone more technically gifted than I, which is to say everyone.
Try Brave browser

Mickypne

First Team

LEP is a shocking Site for Adverts. Slows the whole thing down ffs.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Certainly agree with the OP.

I still read the majority of PNE articles in the LEP - and fully support their need to advertise. But the ridiculous nature of the ads means I'm reading less than I used to. (and I've completely stopped going near their recent introduction of listing things like "League clubs ranked in order of xxxx " and then finding they've spun them out over literally one or two dozen pages (rather than actually printing a ranking in league format)

They need to get the balance right or their advertising revenue will drop to zero because nobody will be reading their ad-filled pages!

SiYSC

First Team
Brave Browser even removes all this crappy click bait adverts from the bottom of the page. Just awesome!!!

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Might just be me and I have no idea why it would be the case as I don't think I've changed any settings but I don't see any pop ups or ads when I go on the website.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
That style is so infuriating! There was one the other day that was 23 frigging pages! I just fucked it off after the first one.
Unfortunately that's a Johnston press thing and not the fault of the guys working on the LEP.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
The LEP is ok, I'm sure the guys want to do more but are limited by Johnston Press at times.

However stories on there today:

Coverage of the knife incident at Runshaw
KFC at Deepdale have applied for more outdoor seating and a change of entrance (which they've already done)
The road signs in Farington are dirty
Gates at the Cemetery are finally going to be repaired