PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE Academy/Central League Thread 23/24

Bobbage

I am not Peter Ridsdale
Patron
Might as well get this underway now and let the Rodriguez-Gentile hype start early... 🙃

In addition to the young players who made their full debut last year (and SportsRehab's top tip 22/23 Kian Best) my ones to watch this year are Kitt Nelson with his new pro deal if he starts to physically fill out a bit. Hopefully he gets on the Brownie/Robbo preseason creatine diet and comes back hench A.F. this year... Definitely has the skills and positional awareness to be a real player for us, often creating the chances FRG and FCA put away to grab the headlines.

Ff17LCIXkAE3js6.jpg

Also, 15yr old keeper Li-Bau Stowell who had already started to make appearances for the u19s last year. Can see him becoming the regular Academy keeper this season.

Fu9JlyrWcAE6FKn.jpg

Might as well get this underway now and let the Rodriguez-Gentile hype start early... 🙃

In addition to the young players who made their full debut last year (and SportsRehab's top tip 22/23 Kian Best) my ones to watch this year are Kitt Nelson with his new pro deal if he starts to physically fill out a bit. Hopefully he gets on the Brownie/Robbo preseason creatine diet and comes back hench A.F. this year... Definitely has the skills and positional awareness to be a real player for us, often creating the chances FRG and FCA put away to grab the headlines.

View attachment 13676

Also, 15yr old keeper Li-Bau Stowell who had already started to make appearances for the u19s last year. Can see him becoming the regular Academy keeper this season.

View attachment 13675
Hope Noah Mawene has a good season, always liked the look of him.

If Rodriguez-Gentile was half as good as everyone expects him to be then he’d be well out of here. There’s just no pathway for these lads because our current structure holds them back.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see another ‘Benno’ situation. I hope I’m proved wrong.

If Rodriguez-Gentile was half as good as everyone expects him to be then he’d be well out of here. There’s just no pathway for these lads because our current structure holds them back.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see another ‘Benno’ situation. I hope I’m proved wrong.

Care to elaborate on that one?

Bottom line is he suffered knee injuries that set him back and he never fully recovered from, gaining a lot of excess weight he found hard to shift for whatever reason. People rightly questioned the signing of Josh Onomah for this very same reason, except he took the chance to get fit again and seriously knuckled down until he could start in the Championship.

Last edited:

Peter Critchley is perhaps the youngest person in the country called Peter.

More interestingly (very very slightly more interestingly) he is described as a right-footed centre-back - and yet his photo shows him signing his contract with his left hand, indicating a well-balanced, perhaps two-footed player.

I'll add more useful insights about the youth set up as and when they enter my head.

More interestingly (very very slightly more interestingly) he is described as a right-footed centre-back - and yet his photo shows him signing his contract with his left hand, indicating a well-balanced, perhaps two-footed player.

I'll add more useful insights about the youth set up as and when they enter my head.

Must be a centre-half thing?

R.jpg

pleased for Fin that he has a club... good player probably just to small for a modern fullback......

one I expect to move up the pyramid as he gets adult experience......
I thought we used him as a centre back, so I’m surprised he’s on the shorter side? Or did we use him in the midfield

pleased for Fin that he has a club... good player probably just to small for a modern fullback......

one I expect to move up the pyramid as he gets adult experience......

Good to have you back chief!

I thought we used him as a centre back, so I’m surprised he’s on the shorter side? Or did we use him in the midfield

All our youngsters do look small compared to most other teams! With Seary ahead of him for RWB and RCB positions (...Scouse, and with Wasserman too!) Fin was always likely to be at a disadvantage physically. Big season ahead for Josh now seeing if he can break in to the first team, turns 19 in September so will be an interesting comparison with Calvin Ramsay coming in at a similar age.

Good to have you back chief!

All our youngsters do look small compared to most other teams! With Seary ahead of him for RWB and RCB positions (...Scouse, and with Wasserman too!) Fin was always likely to be at a disadvantage physically. Big season ahead for Josh now seeing if he can break in to the first team, turns 19 in September so will be an interesting comparison with Calvin Ramsay coming in at a similar age.
cheers but just to be clear... I am not coming back following what happened back in May.......and the personal criticism.

I only found my log in details because of Craig's death and wanted to share my memories of him and my meetings with him.

Having logged back on for that I sadly couldn't stop myself posting on the Whiteman Lowe fall out rumours (which I'm told werent true by insiders) and then this Fin Wallbank story - purely because Fin is a player I enjoyed watching - not least in that final in May when he was outstanding.
Yes we played him in the RCB of a 3 but he was more comfortable when playing wider due to his lack of height... he has good pace; good in the tackle, a good spring for a little un (more of a Fensome type than the modern defender)......

If, my reason for leaving wasnt related to the end of season, I would probably still be one of those posters whove stopped posting because of the constant negativity about everything, not least the manager and the fact he seems to breathe annoys people!

As an example, and this isnt a dig at you, the implied comment about Seary and his scouse accent and agents as though if it wasnt for those and their link to Lowe maybe Seary wouldnt be ahead of Wallbank...... despite the fact Seary was signed in 2021 (when Lowe was at Plymouth) and was promised a pro contract when we signed him at 16 - beating off some Prem clubs. In fact RL seems not to have used Seary as much as he has the rest of that squad as travelling spare men.....

So I'll go back to reading occasionally and refrain from getting into debates that cant be won about things I think aren't true..... or are depressing...... Once the season proper starts I probably wont even read either...... though if it was possible I might watch on 'Zoom'!!!!!

cheers but just to be clear... I am not coming back following what happened back in May.......and the personal criticism.

I only found my log in details because of Craig's death and wanted to share my memories of him and my meetings with him.

Having logged back on for that I sadly couldn't stop myself posting on the Whiteman Lowe fall out rumours (which I'm told werent true by insiders) and then this Fin Wallbank story - purely because Fin is a player I enjoyed watching - not least in that final in May when he was outstanding.
Yes we played him in the RCB of a 3 but he was more comfortable when playing wider due to his lack of height... he has good pace; good in the tackle, a good spring for a little un (more of a Fensome type than the modern defender)......

If, my reason for leaving wasnt related to the end of season, I would probably still be one of those posters whove stopped posting because of the constant negativity about everything, not least the manager and the fact he seems to breathe annoys people!

As an example, and this isnt a dig at you, the implied comment about Seary and his scouse accent and agents as though if it wasnt for those and their link to Lowe maybe Seary wouldnt be ahead of Wallbank...... despite the fact Seary was signed in 2021 (when Lowe was at Plymouth) and was promised a pro contract when we signed him at 16 - beating off some Prem clubs. In fact RL seems not to have used Seary as much as he has the rest of that squad as travelling spare men.....

So I'll go back to reading occasionally and refrain from getting into debates that cant be won about things I think aren't true..... or are depressing...... Once the season proper starts I probably wont even read either...... though if it was possible I might watch on 'Zoom'!!!!!

A loss to the forum in my opinion.

Publish & be damned sports.
Your input, often based on 1st hand knowledge, will be sadly missed.
Have your say, your opinion, as valid as any other posters & appreciate as with any forum there will be opposing opinion.
That you have to accept, the personal criticism you shouldn’t & don’t have to. Never used it, but there’s always the “ignore” function.
Hope, especially in relation to youth matters, you’ll reconsider your position. 🙏 🤞

I'm a left hander & right footer.... I can confirm that it does not automatically make you a well balanced two footed player. My left foot is mainly for standing on :ROFLMAO:

Ahhh the joys of text! I only put the tongue in cheek Wasserman/Scouse point in to highlight there's a fair old bit of coincidence about things with this "pals act" thing, as we already had players of our own with the firm, and Liverpool-based players will naturally sign for a local based agent etc) As you say, he'd already played up at Celtic in a friendly at 16 under McAvoy and of all the young players you'd have expected him to be the one around the first team last year if there was any "favouritism" involved.

I'll stop posting about the youth team too if it pisses people off.

I'm a left hander & right footer.... I can confirm that it does not automatically make you a well balanced two footed player. My left foot is mainly for standing on :ROFLMAO:
Glad to know there are other weirdos like me out there. I'm left footed, right handed for writing, left handed for throwing, right handed cricket/golf/tennis, left handed guitar!! Confused.com

Glad to know there are other weirdos like me out there. I'm left footed, right handed for writing, left handed for throwing, right handed cricket/golf/tennis, left handed guitar!! Confused.com
I'm similar... Right footed, write left handed, bowl at cricket left handed, bat right handed and play golf right handed. And I thought I was the only "Freak" :ROFLMAO:

I'm right handed but always had two left feet (hence being a goalkeeper!) and have always done everything right handed... until I went on an archery course and found I shoot (not fire!) a left-handed bow! Apparently it's an eye-dominance thing?